The Student Room Group

conditional offer

hello everyone, i was wondering if there is anyone who can help me please... i got a conditional offer from the university of west london in children`s nursing as to pass my IELTS test with a 7.0 in each sublevel. Which i missed in two levels, but still got an overall 7.0 which i know will not be enough. Is there any place i can go and ask for acceptance... maybe they can give me a chance to start the school year and pass the test afterwards,... any advice highly appreciated
Original post by orangeandi
hello everyone, i was wondering if there is anyone who can help me please... i got a conditional offer from the university of west london in children`s nursing as to pass my IELTS test with a 7.0 in each sublevel. Which i missed in two levels, but still got an overall 7.0 which i know will not be enough. Is there any place i can go and ask for acceptance... maybe they can give me a chance to start the school year and pass the test afterwards,... any advice highly appreciated

Are you an international student applying to nursing? Most nursing programs have the same IELT requirements because they are created by the NMC. Is it possible for you to retake the IELT?
Reply 2
i am from Hungary originally.... i cannot do it before the school year starts sadly... but i m still hopefully that maybe this can somehow be worked out... and do the test the first academic year sometime...
Reply 3
its the NMC who set the standard of 7 in all areas so a university will not be allowed to take you on until you achieve this.

"Applicants may provide two IELTS test certificates to meet the above requirements, but must not have scored below 6.5 in any categories, in either of the test sittings.
The two test sittings must be taken within six months of each other to be considered."
that's from the NMC website so if you can, try and do another sitting or you will have to wait till next year.

A University will not take you on if you are not able to be regestered at the end. Good look.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
i can understand that ... but who says i will not be able to reach 7 at the end of the 3 year course... ? this is not right... why is the test not free at the first place... they can say anything... why they gave you a band 6 ... we cannot even look at the papers...
because you will struggle writing at degree level. could you not do your nurse training in Hungary and then emigrate. it could work out a lot cheaper for you. i had a friend who had a great degree in russia but she could not cope in a hnc course because her language skills let her down. the nmc set the minimum standards where they believe you would be a safe competent nurse. its a hoop but its there for patient safety. there were cases when poor language skills caused harm.
Reply 6
my language skills are not poor. ... i have sent over some of the reading texts to my native English speaking friends and they could not cope with them... so mine is pretty good... plus walking around hospitals I can definitely see some nurses whose English is not even at half of the level where mine is right now... so still do not understand... but anyways I will try to write a letter of appeal...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending