The Student Room Group

Starting uni - what are you most excited about?

Afternoon naps, hitting up the SU or getting your independence, what are you most excited about starting uni?

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Everything :daydreaming:
but mainly meeting new people :ahee: and exploring what my Uni has to offer me :smile:
A fresh start! The chance to meet new people, learn new things, and ultimately, learn more about myself...as cliche as it may sound.
Reply 3
Back when I was starting uni, I was looking forward to meeting new people and trying to be more social (didn't happen).
Is it weird that i'm not really feeling excited about it at all? I just see it as another step in life.
I'm so excited to live in a city!
Moving on with my life and some new and hopefully exciting (albeit scary!) experiences :smile:
Reply 7
Having 0 money
I'm honestly terrified to go and don't know if I'll cope, but I'm excited to buy new things for my room😂 I'm hoping to gain more confidence and be more independent
Original post by UWS
Back when I was starting uni, I was looking forward to meeting new people and trying to be more social (didn't happen).

Why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meeting new friends and banging cute girls x
Original post by Aria Enoshima
Is it weird that i'm not really feeling excited about it at all? I just see it as another step in life.

Pretty much that. It'll be a different place, but the same system applies. People and courses never change.
Being somewhere I'd be more comfortable with that's a bit more in the centre like the rest of the world.
Starting a new chapter in life :thumbsup:

New place, new people to be around, new things to learn, new skills to master etc. :h:
I was excited about making friends with people on my landing and being more sociable. Also getting to study more of the subject I loved at Alevels. That didn't go too well- I made dinner at 2 in the morning to avoid seeing people, hated my course then dropped out before Christmas. :rolleyes:
Next time around it was being closer to my bf and that one went way better. :smile:
To FINALLY be myself
and enjoy a new country
and a new city
and new people
(basically enjoy everything)
meeting new people and moving out of this country and into the UK :tongue:
Original post by Kindred
I was excited about making friends with people on my landing and being more sociable. Also getting to study more of the subject I loved at Alevels. That didn't go too well- I made dinner at 2 in the morning to avoid seeing people, hated my course then dropped out before Christmas. :rolleyes:
Next time around it was being closer to my bf and that one went way better. :smile:

Why did you try and avoid seing people?
Original post by John10101
Why did you try and avoid seing people?

Depression. I don't know why, but I just really didn't want to be near people.
Studying a subject I have a genuine interest in, not like at A level when you have to study subjects you are no overly into. I also look forward to being able to control my own diet and cook my own meals. I guess the added independence and not having to rely on my parents to do things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending