The Student Room Group

european students and student visa

I received a cas from soas, which is a form that allows me to apply for a visa( tier 4 kind of ) to study in the uk... but I thought european students don't need to have one, plus none of my friends from italy that are currently studying in london and neither those who have applied this year have received anything about this... I also can't find any info online, do I really must have a visa to study in the uk?
Original post by agnese1
I received a cas from soas, which is a form that allows me to apply for a visa( tier 4 kind of ) to study in the uk... but I thought european students don't need to have one, plus none of my friends from italy that are currently studying in london and neither those who have applied this year have received anything about this... I also can't find any info online, do I really must have a visa to study in the uk?

It has me mystified asyou dont need one.

Contact SOAS Student Advisor
(Immigration and Finance) ([email protected]).

Advice for EU/EEA/Swiss nationals
If you are a national of an EU/EEA country, or Switzerland, you do not need to apply for permission to live, work or study in the UK.

You should travel to the UK using your EU/EEA/Swiss passport or national ID card and there will be no restriction on studying.

If your main purpose for living in the UK is study, you are required to have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI). If you will only stay in the UK temporarily, a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will suffice.

Also
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/status-of-eu-nationals-in-the-uk-what-you-need-to-know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending