The Student Room Group

I had a student finance rejected.

My student finance was rejected even after an appeal .
Reason -unfortunately your residence history does not qualify you for SFE buy you may qualify before European funding.
I have been trying to understand what this means but no one has explained this .
I'm just wondering if I can get an answer from here .
My partner is British and I have been in the UK.since 2018 , we are not married but I'm.on spouse visa .
The SFE website state that you should be resident in uk atleast 3 years before yhe start of your academic year
So I'm not sure why I keep getting rejected and how I might even be qualified for European funding .
Anyone experience this ?
Original post by chid12015
My student finance was rejected even after an appeal .
Reason -unfortunately your residence history does not qualify you for SFE buy you may qualify before European funding.
I have been trying to understand what this means but no one has explained this .
I'm just wondering if I can get an answer from here .
My partner is British and I have been in the UK.since 2018 , we are not married but I'm.on spouse visa .
The SFE website state that you should be resident in uk atleast 3 years before yhe start of your academic year
So I'm not sure why I keep getting rejected and how I might even be qualified for European funding .
Anyone experience this ?

Hi there,

You should have received a full explanation when your appeal was rejected? From what you advised above it looks like you don't meet the eligibility to apply for finance for a home student but you could apply for EU funding for Tuition Fees only. If you wish to apply for EU funding, you would complete the EU23N Form found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1151463/eu_eu23n_form_2324_o.pdf

You would post this back with your evidence of your status in the UK/ID and we can review this and confirm if you're eligible or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending