The Student Room Group

Is 5'6 too tall for a female?

I've always wondered it, from grade 6 till now. Am I too tall for a female? Around my friends, I feel like a giant even though my family members urge me to be taller. Most my friends are 5'3 and under. Also I live in Canada, so they have a pretty average height in my opinion. But it seems like i'm so tall among them

Scroll to see replies

How old are you? The average height for a woman in the UK is about 5'5 I think. I've just googled and it's 5'4 1/2 in Canada. You're still only slightly above average, so definitely not too tall.
Fym too tall i wish i was 5'6
It's tall. I am around that height kinda and I feel tall.
Reply 4
I'm around 5'3 / 5'4 and I'm considered to be quite short so I think your height is just right.
5'10 and above and it becomes a widespread destruction
165cm? No, definitely not too tall. I would go so far as to say that 160 and less is short, so you are just taller than short - certainly not tall.
Original post by Chaoticly
I've always wondered it, from grade 6 till now. Am I too tall for a female? Around my friends, I feel like a giant even though my family members urge me to be taller. Most my friends are 5'3 and under. Also I live in Canada, so they have a pretty average height in my opinion. But it seems like i'm so tall among them

If 5'6" is 'too tall', what do you propose doing about it?
It's perfectly fine. I wouldnt say it's too tall. Plus, tall girls look good too. (Better in many cases)
If it is then I'm screwed as I'm 5'8" :tongue:
They're not short or tall. They're average.
i think that's generally average, decent height imo
Height threads lmao :lol:

It's alright, probably average, but even if it was too tall, there isn't much you could do about it so I don't know why you made this thread.
I'm a girl, and I'm 5'8 and in no way do I regard myself as too tall. Your friends may be shorter than you, but beyond this there will also be many women who are taller than you. Regardless of this, you really should dismiss this notion of being "too tall for a girl". It honestly will have no impact on your life, and, especially seeing as there's nothing you can do about it, you should just appreciate/embrace your height.
I am 5ft6. I feel short.
Average
Original post by AmeliaLost
If it is then I'm screwed as I'm 5'8" :tongue:

Original post by maroumarou
I'm a girl, and I'm 5'8.

:coma:
Original post by cbreef
:coma:

ummm?
Original post by maroumarou
ummm?