The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by prettygirlxx
Hey,

Bristol gave me a contextual offer for Economics of AAB with A in Mathematics. A normal offer would've been A*AA. Do you think I can get in with A*AC at best or an ABC at worst?

Thanks in advance!!

In my knowledge from being there, they are very very strict with contextual offers because they already are considerably lower than the typical offer.

That being said, I'd suggest not worrying over it now and just waiting to see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gnatt27
That seems more hopeful. A good uni with what I thought was quite a popular subject in psychology

Well... I missed my grades in one subject (polish btw) and Glasgow (Russian & History course) didn't accept me. I mean I missed them by one point actually which accounted for like... 3% (i am international ) and they wrote to me that they accept only those who strictly fullfilled their offers (I had conditional one), sooo...
I mean, I am going to study in Aberdeen which is still cool, but to say I was disappointed is an understatment. One point guys. In Polish while I am going to study in Scotland. Ugh....
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dijira
Well... I missed my grades in one subject (polish btw) and Glasgow (Russian & History course) didn't accept me. I mean I missed them by one point actually which accounted for like... 3% (i am international ) and they wrote to me that they accept only those who strictly fullfilled their offers (I had conditional one), sooo...
I mean, I am going to study in Aberdeen which is still cool, but to say I was disappointed is an understatment. One point guys. In Polish while I am going to study in Scotland. Ugh....

They tend to have high, and strict, requirements due to the cap on free places.

I'm sure you will enjoy Aberdeen instead :smile:
Original post by Doonesbury
They tend to have high, and strict, requirements due to the cap on free places.

I'm sure you will enjoy Aberdeen instead :smile:

Thank you :smile:
They said that they had like ten applicants for one place so I completly get it, but still... It was hard at first. However, now I am mostly pleased and looking forward to September^^
Good luck to you guys!
Are you RUK or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hear Aberdeen is lovely :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fingers crossed then! I hope that you would get in! And if not, well, see you in Aberdeen xd
Honestly, who knows really. Fingers crossed for Results Day :smile:
Original post by Miminfl
I might get ABC this year and my offer is AAB pharmacy at uni of Birmingham ! The course is at clearing right now , does anyone know if ABC is acceptable with clearing ? Or has anyone got in with this grades. I firmed birmingham

Original post by claireestelle
It's in clearing for the same grades as your offer, although universities can drop a grade i wouldn't be overly hopeful they'd drop it so much, sorry.

My brother got ABC, was rejected by York & Exeter (firm and insurance) and couldn't get a place at any Russell Group unis through clearing, ABB was their absolute minimum. He went to Aberystwyth, loved it there, got a Law degree and is now an RAF Officer. Things have a habit of working out. Best of luck :smile:
Lol uwe is sooooo lenient it's ridiculous. It's really easy to get into through clearing
Does anyone know if QMU is lenient if you miss a grade :frown:
Original post by The Radiographer
Does anyone know if QMU is lenient if you miss a grade :frown:

Search the thread for QMUL ...

(Keeping in mind past outcomes aren't necessarily a guide to your specific situation.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
someone please go onto my page and answer the question I have. need advice asap
I've just finished 1st year Law.
I got into a Russel Group university which asked for 'AAA'. I got 'ABBC' (the C was in English lmao and A in Fine Art) and was still accepted, so don't lose hope guys. Goes to show that there is more to life than just grades, ALSO what you put in your Personal Statement is as important.
I've seen people who got much lower and the University still accepted them, either on results day or through clearing!
Stay Woke x
Reply 2634
Original post by Avila.C
I've just finished 1st year Law.
I got into a Russel Group university which asked for 'AAA'. I got 'ABBC' (the C was in English lmao and A in Fine Art) and was still accepted, so don't lose hope guys. Goes to show that there is more to life than just grades, ALSO what you put in your Personal Statement is as important.
I've seen people who got much lower and the University still accepted them, either on results day or through clearing!
Stay Woke x

Which university is this?
All these success stories are making me feel a little better now :smile:

I am nervous for Results Day. I don't know if anyone has had any leniency for medicine degrees and specifically uni of Birmingham or UEA? My offer is AAA. If I get grades A*AB (B in biology, but sag close to the threshold) is there any chance at all I might still be considered? Probably not as this is medicine we are talking about, but with the reforms to the A-Levels you never know how many actually will meet their offer...

Many thanks and good luck everyone :biggrin:
Does anybody know about Lancaster's leniency towards accepting students ? Has anybody had an experience whereby they missed grades but were still accepted ?
Original post by Will_Brooks16
Does anybody know about Lancaster's leniency towards accepting students ? Has anybody had an experience whereby they missed grades but were still accepted ?

You can search this thread and see :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
You can search this thread and see :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

is there a quick way to keyword search a thread? if so, how?
Original post by Estelle98
is there a quick way to keyword search a thread? if so, how?

Yes, and it's mentioned in the opening post of this thread :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending