The Student Room Group

Appazap's road to AAA

APPAZAP'S ROAD TO AAA

Hey guys, so I have seen these threads for ageeees and now I just wanna make my own. I am currently going into year 13 and study Psychology, Maths and Chemistry:biggrin:

I am looking to do psychology at uni and really want to go to a Russell group university. I wanted to start this thread because currently i am on ABC and need a little push in order to achieve the beautiful AAA :poke:

As for my interests, i like listening to music specifically indie pop because i'm cool :headbang:. Also I love presenting and talking and have done a day course in radio and tv presenting so hopefully at university, I will be able to to continue these things there.

GCSE:

Spoiler

Mock Results (June 2017):

Spoiler

Offers:

Spoiler

Mock Results (January 2018):

Spoiler

Firm: Kings College London (AAA)
Insurance: University of Liverpool (BBB)

I will try to post at least 4 times a week and show off all my lovely work and revision. Stay tuned for this glo up people!!! <3
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Appazap
Hey guys, so I have seen these threads for ageeees and now I just wanna make my own. I am currently going into year 13 and study Psychology, Maths and Chemistry:biggrin:

I am looking to do psychology at uni and really want to go to a Russell group university. I wanted to start this thread because currently i am on ABC/ABB and need a little push in order to achieve the beautiful AAA :poke:

As for my interests, i like listening to music specifically indie pop because i'm cool :hifro: :headbang:. Also I love presenting and talking and have done day courses in radio and tv presenting so hopefully at university, I will be able to to continue these things there.

GCSE:

Spoiler

Mock Results:

Spoiler

I will try to post at least 4 times a week and show off all my lovely work and revision. Stay tuned for this glo up people!!! <3

I am a psychology graduate of the University of Glasgow and it's always nice to meet people who want to study psychology, so I will be following this thread with keen interest!

Do you know what universities you will be applying to?

Good luck with your studies!
Reply 2
Original post by Cubone-r
I am a psychology graduate of the University of Glasgow and it's always nice to meet people who want to study psychology, so I will be following this thread with keen interest!

Do you know what universities you will be applying to?

Good luck with your studies!

This means a lot to me, Thank you so much!!! I admire anyone doing Psy at uni :colondollar:
Original post by Appazap
This means a lot to me, Thank you so much!!! I admire anyone doing Psy at uni :colondollar:

The only subject to study at uni! :laugh:
Psychology was always something I was considering of applying to during college but I applied to something else. Luckily, I can live my psychology dream through you! Lmao.

Best of luck! I'll definitely be checking up throughout the year to see how you get on.
Reply 5
Original post by Immunology
Psychology was always something I was considering of applying to during college but I applied to something else. Luckily, I can live my psychology dream through you! Lmao.

Best of luck! I'll definitely be checking up throughout the year to see how you get on.

I won't let a true legend, like yourself down. My psychology dream is by force!!! :h:
ooo appazap from youtube? It will be fun to see your progress.
Reply 7
Original post by Mosope17
ooo appazap from youtube? It will be fun to see your progress.

Oh my gawd, how'd u know :redface:
Original post by Appazap
Oh my gawd, how'd u know :redface:

How many people do i know called Appazap? 1. its cool tho. Your channel is super niceee.
Reply 9
Original post by Mosope17
How many people do i know called Appazap? 1. its cool tho. Your channel is super niceee.

Thank youu, I didn't think anybody watched it tbh :colondollar:
Reply 10
18th October 2017:

So today i have decided to do chemistry AS revision. Specifically chapters 7,8 and 9 from the kerboodle book. I am doing past questions and will write down everything i have learnt. Hopefully will do maths or something tomorrow!!

:bl:

Enthalpy:

You can tell if a neutralisation reaction wasn't done under standard conditions if water is formed in the gaseous state.

Enthaply change is unaffected by the use of a catalyst because enthalpy change is the difference between reactants and products

Most enthalpy changes involve only one mole

To work out an activation energy you add the activation energy and enthalpy change (see energy profile diagram)

On a Boltzmann Distribution a higher temperature results in a lower peak that shifts right

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
19th October 2017:

So today lads, i tried to do C3 integration before work but could not understand it in the 3 hours i tried. :frown: Tomorrow hopefully I will try and do the trigonometric section of C3 OCR but i am a bit frustrated. :sleep:

Nevertheless, new day new me! I will get it eventually, i just need to stay positive!:yep:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Appazap

I am looking to do psychology at uni and really want to go to a Russell group university. I wanted to start this thread because currently i am on ABC/ABB and need a little push in order to achieve the beautiful AAA :poke:

As for my interests, i like listening to music specifically indie pop because i'm cool :hifro: :headbang:. Also I love presenting and talking and have done day courses in radio and tv presenting so hopefully at university, I will be able to to continue these things there.

GCSE:

Spoiler

Mock Results:

Spoiler

Hey, I just wanted to say good luck! I hope all your hard work pays off. I'm planning to do psychology at a Russell group too, where it isn't based too much on biology. 👌
Good luck! I want to study psychology as well! I'll make sure to follow your journey :smile:
Reply 14
21th October 2017:

I'm back! So like i said yesterday, integration was stressing me out so i decided to try and learn some of my trigonometry stuff before school starts. Is it me or do all these sec,cosec and cot graphs look really silly and irrelevant.

An important fact that helped me was that cos-1x is not the same as (cos x)-1 I was getting so confused but now i know that the reciprocals of sine,cosine and tangent are not the same as the inverses. To be fair im going to let my notes do the talking so.... :wink:. Ill try and carry this on tomorrow and do a bit of psychology!
IMG_20170821_001600.jpg
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by chickenfajitas
Good luck! I want to study psychology as well! I'll make sure to follow your journey :smile:

I pray we both get there <3 :deal:
Reply 16
Original post by BubblegumPops
Hey, I just wanted to say good luck! I hope all your hard work pays off. I'm planning to do psychology at a Russell group too, where it isn't based too much on biology. 👌

Hiya! Thank youuuu. Idek i want a really scientific course tbf. What unis are you thinking of?:smile:
Reply 17
IMG_20170822_215118.jpg
Attachment not found
Reply 18
23rd October 2017:

Hey guys, So today I have just got back from work and wanted to update you on what i've been doing. Yesterday i went to a party :groovy: so I couldn't type anything. I have decided to do chemistry today specifically the introductory stuff and Alkanes. I have been using the kerboodle book and got 53/62 which is 85% on the alkanes section :biggrin:

Alkanes:

Why do straight chain hydrocarbons have higher boiling points? As number of carbon atoms increases, the carbon chain length increases and there will be greater surface area. This means more surface contact in between molecules which leads to stronger London forces. More energy will be required to break these stronger london forces.

Homolytic fission is the splitting of a covalent bond where each atom receives an equal share of the electrons to form 2 radicals

UV radiation is the condition needed for radical substitution

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
24th October 2017:

Today, I have revised the Alkenes section in the Kerboodle textbook. I have also tried to edit my personal statement and I am on my 3rd draft along with revising psychology.

I scored 83% on the alkenes section!

I need to remember that alkenes react with steam and not water

electrophiles are electron pair acceptors

the alkene needs to have two different groups attached to each carbon atom of the double bond for E/Z isomerism to exist

Remember to consider branched chains for structural isomers and stereoisomers when alkenes react with HBr etc

I also have revised all the cognitive studies for OCR Psychology. This includes: Loftus and Palmer, Grant et al, Moray and Simons and Chabris.

Peace
:happy2:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending