The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
Not difficult either - you can do it on TSR as you've just done by replying to people who might not be feeling too good

I thought about it but I didn't think I'd be any good at it. It seems like I may be better than I thought :smile:
Original post by qasim_96
I thought about it but I didn't think I'd be any good at it. It seems like I may be better than I thought :smile:

Aslong as you're not telling people to 'smile' or saying 'chin up' and you're replying sympathetically and empathetically, you'll be doing a good job :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
Aslong as you're not telling people to 'smile' or saying 'chin up' and you're replying sympathetically and empathetically, you'll be doing a good job :smile:

I try to be as sympathetic as possible. I understand a lot of the issues that some people are facing :redface:
Hey guys,

I know this thread is to talk about how we're all feeling, but it's really important that we keep to the community guidelines when we're posting. They can be found here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/forum-rules-and-guidelines. There's links to more detailed versions on that page as well.

If you need support for things like suicidal thoughts and self harm it's best to contact a health professional such as your GP, go to A&E or call 999 for an ambulance if you're at risk of harm, or you can contact one of the organisations listed below.

Samaritans (contactable by phone and email): https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us
Nightline (contactable by phone, email, and 1:1 instant messaging): https://www.nightline.ac.uk/
Childline: (contactable by phone, email, and 1:1 instant messaging): https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/contacting-childline/

Alive
My dad is treating me better, not to curse it! :puppyeyes: (Muslims : say mashallah :hat2:)
I told him things bit by bit in a good manner and I think he gets what I am trying to say. I hope he didn't get offended in any way!:redface:

However, his behaviour with mum is :hmpf:
LAZY! I need to get a GP appointment ASAP before I die :lol:
Tired. :yawn:
if i just got out of bed and didnt fall back asleep after each one woke me up then i wouldnt have as many but then i would be even more tired so i cant win.
Hate dreaming about other people getting hurt as well because then i have this urge to find out if they are ok because otherwise it will chew up at me, but if you ask you look stupid so cant win that either
Reply 8189
So excited, I can't wait for uni!!! Go on the 9th and i'm so impaitent!
Original post by MrsMars
I hope so :h:
I'll look into it :yep: Let me know what you think of Small Great Things.
Are you looking forward to the release of Turtles All The Way Down? :ahee:

I just about eat the rice, nothing else would have stayed down :rofl:
Okay :redface:
Are you Asian? :curious:

Will do :yep: Right now I'm busy with Mohsin Hamid's 'Exit West' :biggrin:

Omg yes! :ahee: I think it's Green's first work since TFIOS which was just :cry2:
Anyway, I've got it on pre-order :colondollar: as well as Philip Pullman's 'The Book of Dust' (I don't know if you've read 'His Dark Materials', but this is a follow-up to that) :woo:

:rofl: Fair enough :tongue:

And :yep: you're right :tongue:
How does one have a life? :beard:
Reply 8192
Original post by ||TheUnknown||

One doesn't. Well..at least I don't.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||

It all starts when a man and a lady do some adult rated stuff together. Then 9 months later *bang* a form of life pops out of the lady. There you have it... You now have a life.
Original post by Paracosm
Welcome to part five! :bunny: :hugs:

Same as always, how're you feeling right now? :h:

The old thread can be found here if you want to look back on it. :moon:

Please do remember that content must be within our community guidelines to keep everyone safe :grouphugs:

Feeling sleepy but want to be creative and draw a picture. But so indecisive that by the time I pick what I want to draw I will be to tired to draw it. hmmm also feel that I probs should tidy the flat but really don't want to so just sitting here on the App :P
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Feeling sleepy but want to be creative and draw a picture. But so indecisive that by the time I pick what I want to draw I will be to tired to draw it. hmmm also feel that I probs should tidy the flat but really don't want to so just sitting here on the App :P

You should do a portrait of my cat :teehee:

Hope you're not too tired!
Original post by Paracosm
You should do a portrait of my cat :teehee:

Hope you're not too tired!

He He cats are hard they are all fluffy and messy :P Would be good to start a drawing thread though that would be fun x
Right now I am feeling very happy because I discovered earlier today that I am going to be a 3rd year medical student :woo:

I hate exams :frown:
Stupid f***ing worthless parents. They're the reason I'm a failure of a human being, both genetically and due to upbringing. I have no option but to live as meaningless and isolated a life as is physically possible, lest I be even more of a failure. It should be illegal for such people to have children.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Stupid f***ing worthless parents. They're the reason I'm a failure of a human being, both genetically and due to upbringing. I have no option but to live as meaningless and isolated a life as is physically possible, lest I be even more of a failure. It should be illegal for such people to have children.

I don't know what you're going through or what your parents are like but I don't think you should tell yourself you have "no option but to live as meaningless and isolated a life as physically possible."

Why close doors for yourself and turn down opportunities because someone made you feel like a failure? I know you're probably angry and upset and in no mood to read a post like this but in the past I denied myself a lot of things simply because I was made to feel like there was no other option. That I couldn't and didn't deserve to live a good life.

You might think that telling yourself that would make things easier to deal with but trust me, it really doesn't. It just opens the door to a lot of regret and hurt.

The best way to get back at your parents is to make something of yourself despite whatever they have said/done to make you feel this way. Success is the best revenge as they say. When someone tells you that you're not good enough, prove them wrong.

Latest