The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mishisweet
Gcse results day is tomorrow so i am killing my nail beds by biting my nails every 2 seconds
well excuse me i have i have to cry in pillow again

Hey there :smile:

Please don't panic! Everything will be completely fine - no matter what happens. Please try and spend today doing something you enjoy - it's summer after all! I don't know about you, but where I am the weather is gorgeous - perhaps go to the park or if you don't fancy that, watch a film or something! There's no point in getting worked up today, it will just make you tired and upset - we don't want that :smile:

All the best of luck tomorrow, we're here for you!
Won't be able to meet up when some of my friends do :frown:
Not like I am much of a friend anyway. Ngl, it has been more than a year, I cannot remember how long ago. I occasionally message to show I'm alive but even that died down.
Miss friends, proper friendship. Don't really got that. Have maybe 2 who can be classed as close. But they're both always busy, know each other but don't really hang out together. So I generally just meet one at a time :lol: And though that's fun, would be great to be able to do more stuff, with a bunch of people. But then getting out poses a problem anyway :sigh:
:sigh: being watched :ninja:

I'm good thanks :colonhash:....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saddens me how my own actions can be the cause of my sadness. How my ':frown:' can make me ':frown: :frown:' in what seems like a heartbeat. And with every heartbeat it just gets more and more and more...unless...idk but unless something. Otherwise i'd be dead of sadness alone :rofl:

No words :colonhash: just wow. I think i need to be alone for a while, away from everything, everyone and all distraction. Just concentrate on my own little world, not that anyone prevents me from doing that now....but that i prevent myself from doing it because there are other things that can distract me away from...myself? :redface: Idk. I just don't know :argh:

Might take a long break and come back later :dontknow: need a break from this addiction.

That said, god know when will that time come :toofunny: maybe a while later when i'm ready to leave lol.

Hopefully this doesn't get me banned :puppyeyes: love you :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dr Strange
Will do :yep: Right now I'm busy with Mohsin Hamid's 'Exit West' :biggrin:

Omg yes! :ahee: I think it's Green's first work since TFIOS which was just :cry2:
Anyway, I've got it on pre-order :colondollar: as well as Philip Pullman's 'The Book of Dust' (I don't know if you've read 'His Dark Materials', but this is a follow-up to that) :woo:

:rofl: Fair enough :tongue:

And :yep: you're right :tongue:

Would you recommend it? :h:
I know :woo:
Although, I must admit, I only read the rest of Green's books after TFIOS :redface:
What do you think of the rest of his books? :curious:
I'm going to be in Pakistan on the release date, and I haven't looked into pre-ordering here :redface: I hope I can :lol:

I've only read the first book of rhe trilogy :facepalm: It's actually on of the few books my sister's always on at me to read :rofl:

Original post by ||TheUnknown||
How does one have a life? :beard:

:dontknow::dontknow:
Feeling a very strange mixture of emotions because it's my birthday on Saturday and I feel very old now and one of my favourite poets is doing a workshop here on Sunday (and I don't know if I can go :sad: ) and I HATE my new biology teacher because she makes me very very very very anxious and she's the reason I don't feel like going to college and she's going to start making me hate biology and I'm surrounded by people who I have to try very hard to tolerate even though they expect me to love them because we're family and it's so exhausting acting like I don't hate every second of being with them and I want to sleep for a week and I miss my dad's dad jokes and :cry2::cry2::cry2:
Original post by MrsMars
Feeling a very strange mixture of emotions because it's my birthday on Saturday and I feel very old now and one of my favourite poets is doing a workshop here on Sunday (and I don't know if I can go :sad: ) and I HATE my new biology teacher because she makes me very very very very anxious and she's the reason I don't feel like going to college and she's going to start making me hate biology and I'm surrounded by people who I have to try very hard to tolerate even though they expect me to love them because we're family and it's so exhausting acting like I don't hate every second of being with them and I want to sleep for a week and I miss my dad's dad jokes and :cry2::cry2::cry2:

:hugs:
in pain but what's new
I feel like this

[video="youtube;RQ6Kok-8re4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ6Kok-8re4[/video]
I just lost my **** with dermatology there now. I legit have no idea why they are convinced my mental health has something to do with my skin treatment, so I may have told them to **** off when they mentioned psychiatrists...**** move, I know, but I'm tired and sick of them all trying to bring my mental health into everything.

I was already in a bad mood due to stress, but this is just the icing on the cake.

Spoiler

Yesterday I texted one of the girls I'm living with in September and she still hasn't replied.:frown:
Original post by MrsMars

:console:
Tired and frustrated.
Like a heap of unfulfilled potential, too late to do anything about it due to circumstances beyond my control.

I suppose there's always a way, but it would have been so much easier if things went the way I expected them to. Life, huh.
Original post by MrsMars
Would you recommend it? :h:
I know :woo:
Although, I must admit, I only read the rest of Green's books after TFIOS :redface:
What do you think of the rest of his books? :curious:
I'm going to be in Pakistan on the release date, and I haven't looked into pre-ordering here :redface: I hope I can :lol:

I've only read the first book of rhe trilogy :facepalm: It's actually on of the few books my sister's always on at me to read :rofl:

:yep: I certainly would recommend it. It's a story for our time, based on refugees/migration and the human cost of that.
But I've finished it now and 'Small Great Things' is up next :ahee:

:lol: There's no shame in that. Of all his books, I've only read TFIOS :colondollar: :rofl:

Ahhh okay. But it looks like you can - a quick google search found this :tongue: http://www.libertybooks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=43391&search=John+green&category_id=0

:shock: You should definitely read the whole trilogy. Not only is it really well-written, but there's a lot of interesting social commentary in there that provides some good food for thought :yep:
(edited 6 years ago)
Phew she's replied, but confirmed she is very nervous about the house which makes me feel hella awkward. But I can't do anything about the situation except be as accommodating as I can. SIGH.
Original post by Dr Strange
:yep: I certainly would recommend it. It's a story for our time, based on refugees/migration and the human cost of that.
But I've finished it now and 'Small Great Things' is up next :ahee:

:lol: There's no shame in that. Of all his books, I've only read TFIOS :colondollar: :rofl:

Ahhh okay. But it looks like you can - a quick google search found this :tongue: http://www.libertybooks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=43391&search=John+green&category_id=0

:shock: You should definitely read the whole trilogy. Not only is it really well-written, but there's a lot of interesting social commentary in there that provides some good food for thought :yep:

I'll check it out, though I'm not getting much time for reading nowadays :redface:

:shock: no way! You should definitely read Looking For Alaska, even if you don't read the others :yep:

I knew Liberty would do it :woo:
Thank you :hugs: Next up on my to-do list :colone:

I will eventually, as my TBR list continues to grow at a rate I cannot keep up with :rofl:
Off on my holidays today so fairly excited. Been feeling unhappy the past year but this break should do me good.
Life sucks. Because KittenMediaya sucks too :lol:

I'm such a failure in life. Can't think of anything I've brought to this world, and everything in it except a burden.
I've wasted all your money. Your love. Your care. Your attention. Your effort. Your words. Your affection.

I know sorry is a little word, but i mean it.

Dear NHS
I'm sorry for the billions of pounds i must have wasted. For the care you provided that was wasted.

Dear lung patient,
In sorry for having taken that lung away from you. For making your transplant list longer. Hope you got one though. It's not in much use anyway in me.

Dear friends and classmates,
In sorry for all of those times where you had to take care of me leaving your studies behind. For the times i interrupted the lesson you were in. I'm sure you'll be successful.

Dear TSR,
Im sorry for being such an annoyance on this site everywhere i post. Sorry that you had to bear with me this whole time. Thanks for cleaning up that mess for others and for being such lovely people :hugs:

Dea special friends,
I've annoyed you haven't i? :tongue: sorry notl sorry. Jk my greatest aplogies :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest