The Student Room Group

My journey to A*AA

Hi! I am going into year 13 and I am determined to get A*AA in my A Levels this year. I decided to make this because I really like reading about everyone else's successes and I was hoping that this would inspire me?

My subjects are
History
Psychology
Classical Civilisations

I'm not sure what my predicted grades are, my school hasn't told us, but I'm hoping for at least AAA.

I'm going to update this as much as I can and I hope you reading will help keep me accountable? I'd also love any advice you have and if you post a link to your GYG then I'd love to follow your journey too!

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Good luck !! I really look forward to reading this, especially about how you will revise for psychology, im really struggling to remember all the studies to put in my evaluation essays
Reply 2
Okay, so today I plan on writing making flashcards for the working memory model and types of long-term memory (psychology), finding more notes for the Holocaust (history) and making notes from chapter seven of a book on Roman Britain (classics).
I hope posting this will actually make me do it!
Reply 3
Original post by Out_of_the_Blue
Good luck !! I really look forward to reading this, especially about how you will revise for psychology, im really struggling to remember all the studies to put in my evaluation essays

Thank you! And me too, I hope it goes well for you :smile:
Reply 4
I had finished everything I wanted to get done before 2.30! Glad this thread is working for me!

Tonight I think I am going to write a more in detailed experience with my subjects to help people understand where I'm at!
Original post by larkspurs
I had finished everything I wanted to get done before 2.30! Glad this thread is working for me!

Tonight I think I am going to write a more in detailed experience with my subjects to help people understand where I'm at!

You're revising in the summer holidays? :O
Reply 6
Following! I did a GYG last year (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4656242) and it was helpful in the most part (I got some mean people at the start, but mostly it was positive) and I got a lot of advice and questions from people, so that was good! What degree do you hope to do with those grades? Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Big Papa
You're revising in the summer holidays? :O

Somehow! And sometimes, not often!
Reply 8
Original post by baznoy
Following! I did a GYG last year (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4656242) and it was helpful in the most part (I got some mean people at the start, but mostly it was positive) and I got a lot of advice and questions from people, so that was good! What degree do you hope to do with those grades? Best of luck :biggrin:

Thanks! And I think history! I'm going to read over your thread now, I'm so fascinated by these!
Somehow! And sometimes, not often!

Well good luck and all the best!
Reply 10
Original post by Big Papa
Well good luck and all the best!

Thanks! :smile:
Found it! Following :biggrin: I am looking forward to seeing how you get on and revise!
Reply 12
Original post by MrMoment
Found it! Following :biggrin: I am looking forward to seeing how you get on and revise!

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 13
I wasn't very productive yesterday because I was in the hospital then couldn't get home. Today, though, I need to get some flashcards done and write up some notes. I'm trying to be productive and have everything ready before school. I don't know if its going to work though, I'm really not feeling it. I'm rambling.
Hi! I am going into year 13 and I am determined to get A*AA in my A Levels this year. I decided to make this because I really like reading about everyone else's successes and I was hoping that this would inspire me?

My subjects are
History
Psychology
Classical Civilisations

I'm not sure what my predicted grades are, my school hasn't told us, but I'm hoping for at least AAA.

I'm going to update this as much as I can and I hope you reading will help keep me accountable? I'd also love any advice you have and if you post a link to your GYG then I'd love to follow your journey too!

Thanks!

Good luck! Im doing history and psychology aswell! How are you revising for both and how do you keep yourself motivated bc i'm struggling.
Reply 15
Original post by BubblegumPops
Good luck! Im doing history and psychology aswell! How are you revising for both and how do you keep yourself motivated bc i'm struggling.

Psych I have to constantly review! I suggest making handwritten outline notes! Are you going into year 13 or year 12?

History I spent most of the year typing up notes and its only now I can revise properly because my textbook is awful!

I hope everything goes well for you!
Yay, good luck you can do it! :party: I've got a similar one except mine is starting with AS :tongue:
Keep me tagged and I'll be following your progress :h:
Reply 17
Original post by Batgirl98
Yay, good luck you can do it! :party: I've got a similar one except mine is starting with AS :tongue:
Keep me tagged and I'll be following your progress :h:

Thanks, send me the link to yours! :smile:
Psych I have to constantly review! I suggest making handwritten outline notes! Are you going into year 13 or year 12?

History I spent most of the year typing up notes and its only now I can revise properly because my textbook is awful!

I hope everything goes well for you!

Year 13 lool. I done my AS exams and I guess you could say there's room for improvement. Do you type the notes for history from the textbook? Its so awful though like in the exam a question came up that was only a short paragraph in the textbook.

Im thinking of rewriting my notes but the effort lol

I hope it does too! I hope it goes well for you too!
Reply 19
Original post by BubblegumPops
Year 13 lool. I done my AS exams and I guess you could say there's room for improvement. Do you type the notes for history from the textbook? Its so awful though like in the exam a question came up that was only a short paragraph in the textbook.

Im thinking of rewriting my notes but the effort lol

I hope it does too! I hope it goes well for you too!

Yeah I rewrote my entire textbook for each topic into reasonable bullet points. It was a lot of work but god I'm so glad I did it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending