The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi :smile: I'm a final year biomedical student at UoB and I will be applying for 2018 entry. I've booked the gamsat for this march so fingers crossed all goes well!
Reply 2
Hii guys,
I want to do medicine as well😁 and looking to apply to St. George's. I'm currently in year 12
Reply 3
Hey guys I'm also looking to do medicine at St. George's 2018 entry, currently in my 2nd year at Loughborough Uni doing social psychology, sitting the GAMSAT in March so hopefully that goes okay :smile:
Hey everyone, current working Radiographer looking to apply to Bart's, St George's, Southampton and Nottingham :smile: how's everyone's preparation's going?
Hey Everyone,

I'm in my final year of a health and social care degree. Coming from a non science background.

St George's is my first choice.

Working part time as a HCA, whilst revising for the GAMSAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in my final year doing International Relations BA at Queen Mary, going to be doing my GAMSAT in September 2017 and UKCAT in July this year.

Working as a part time carer in dementia and hopefully will get a HCA job after graduation to get more work experience
Reply 7
Hiya i just called them and they said the last accepted GAMSAT test for 2018 entry was September 2017- may be worth checking with them?
Original post by DHMed2018
Hiya i just called them and they said the last accepted GAMSAT test for 2018 entry was September 2017- may be worth checking with them?

Yeah you can also use
Sep 16
March 17
Original post by 10LFC10
Hey guys i will be applying :smile:

What gamsat scores are you all apllying with ? (For those that know already of course)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Average 58 😊
Hi all, earlier this year I got an offer for deferred entry and will begin Sep 2018. Happy to help where I can!
Reply 11
Original post by Graduate_Medic
Hi all, earlier this year I got an offer for deferred entry and will begin Sep 2018. Happy to help where I can!

hiya, im applying soon, ill be sitting gamsat in september. i wanted to know what work experience have you done? what and how much do they expect from us to do? because i havent done much work experience :/
Reply 12
hello, im going to apply soon, ill be sitting gamsat in september, i was wondering what work experience have you done and how much do they expect from us? i havent done much and thats why im quiet worried
Original post by mknk96
hiya, im applying soon, ill be sitting gamsat in september. i wanted to know what work experience have you done? what and how much do they expect from us to do? because i havent done much work experience :/

I had a lot of volunteering but that's because I was just doing a lot. Each uni has different requirements, and I don't recall St George's stating a minimum number of weeks. Best to check their website :smile:
Reply 14

Hi,
I am interested in knowing what scores do you have to achieve to get a chance for an interview n St. Georges
My UCKAT score is only very average -low 600s. Have not sat the GAMSAT.
Can I still sit the March GAMSAT for entry to 2018.
I paln to take BMAT -
What UNIs do I have a chance, if at all any?
Original post by ma_ram
Hi,
I am interested in knowing what scores do you have to achieve to get a chance for an interview n St. Georges
My UCKAT score is only very average -low 600s. Have not sat the GAMSAT.
Can I still sit the March GAMSAT for entry to 2018.
I paln to take BMAT -
What UNIs do I have a chance, if at all any?

It changes year to year. Aim for a minimum of 62 and you'd pass most of the cut offs for the past several years. They don't announce cut offs until after September of the academic year before you'd start, however, so after you've submitted your UCAS.

Afraid that if you do the March 2018 exam it's too late for 2018 entry. But, you can apply for 2019 or 2020 entry (scores are valid for 2 years). The benefit of sitting in March is that if you don't get the score you want you can sit it again in September 2018.

Have you looked into Swansea and Nottingham? Or re-doing UKCAT? There are also medical schools in different countries you could consider (Google 'Study Medicine Europe' for an idea), and also private universities here in the U.K., such as UCLan and Uni of Buckingham? Best to double check their entry requirements though.
Hey guys, I'm a Biomedical Science Graduate (2016), I've spent a year working in different clinical fields as a HCA.
I'm also waiting on my GAMSAT results and just HOPING I got at least 62 average, because back in March I only achieved 50/59/55, a good minimum for each section but not a high enough average (although the last time I took it, I only revised for 2 weeks). I put in more dedication to September's exam, so fingers crossed.
I applied to St George's, Barts, Nottingham and Swansea.
I've now submitted my Application !!! good luck to every one on your GAMSAT results.

Hey glad you're here, I've got some curious questions? :smile:

1.) It's pretty rare to hear medical schools given out deferred entry for the graduate course, what were your circumstance of deferring?

2.) How did you do on your GAMSAT, UKCAT results? Was it the March or September exam you took?

3.) How did you find the interviews? What type of questions did you get and how were the MMI tasks set up?

4.) How are you planning your time in medical school, staying near campus or living at home?

5.) What are you currently doing before you start?

I hope these were ok to ask, Thanks for being available ! :biggrin:
With it being almost deadline day, good luck to all applicants :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending