The Student Room Group

042r Higher Officer Caseworker HMRC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Husk24
Leeds regional centre location announced today, wellington place , 5 minutes walk from station, opens Aug 2020.

Wellington Place, the shiny new development with buildings that look like they have lovely natural light and air conditioning? Lets hope they pull their fingers out and employ us ready for the move then
Reply 841
Original post by HMRC-maybe
Wellington Place, the shiny new development with buildings that look like they have lovely natural light and air conditioning? Lets hope they pull their fingers out and employ us ready for the move then

We will probably be forgotten by 2020 lol. Looks like nothing this week either and my confidence in receiving a formal offer reduces as weeks go on 😩😩
I can see that they're now recruiting for Fraud investigator roles - however the entry requirements are different to the 042r role- you need to have national crime agency training and experience in civil recovery proceedings etc. So, im not sure if they will offer it to us? Fingers crossed for offers this week - i have sent a slightly strong worded email this morning.. hopefully they'll give us a little clarity this week!
I emailed last week but didn't really get any new info, just that they are currently completing pre-employment checks and due to the size and complexity of the recruitment campaign,this is taking longer than expected.

I was really hoping that I would be in before Christmas but this is looking less and less likely :frown: I have to give 8 weeks notice to my current employer so if I don't hear anything before the end of October it won't be until next year, I was really really hoping to avoid another quarter end in this job :frown:

O well, fingers crossed again after giving them a break over the weekend.
@Rumpledforeskin.. firstly- your username is very creative.. lol - and yes it is so frustrating! Especially having mentally prepared to hand in your notice, and telling colleagues and friends and family that you've got the Job yet you're still waiting around! Also, have your pre-employment checks been completed? As far as i am aware the pre-employment checks and the formal offers are given out and dealt with by two separate teams. So the fact that checks are taking longer than expected shouldn't have much to do with offers being sent out! The majority of people on this thread have completed their pre-employment checks and are waiting for a formal so not sure that explanation is valid as to why it is taking longer than expected.
Original post by Aadil123
@Rumpledforeskin.. firstly- your username is very creative.. lol - and yes it is so frustrating! Especially having mentally prepared to hand in your notice, and telling colleagues and friends and family that you've got the Job yet you're still waiting around! Also, have your pre-employment checks been completed? As far as i am aware the pre-employment checks and the formal offers are given out and dealt with by two separate teams. So the fact that checks are taking longer than expected shouldn't have much to do with offers being sent out! The majority of people on this thread have completed their pre-employment checks and are waiting for a formal so not sure that explanation is valid as to why it is taking longer than expected.

Me leaving my current job has become a bit of a running joke after 9 months with colleagues, friends and family. I work with vulnerable people and its less of a joke for them because it creates a lot of uncertainty which really doesn't help them. Still, it is what it is
@lakhtar Hi have you started the job? Is hmrc really worth the wait??
@HMRC-Maybe It is really frustrating and almost as if we are stuck in a state of limbo lol - I sent an email yesterday morning asking for an explanation as to why it is taking so long and that 'i'm not in a position to disclose anything' isn't going to suffice - so hopefully i get answers today. SURELY if we send emails and put pressure on the recruitment team regularly they will put pressure on the business planners to release start dates quicker! Team work guys!
@HMRC-Maybe It is really frustrating and almost as if we are stuck in a state of limbo lol - I sent an email yesterday morning asking for an explanation as to why it is taking so long and that 'i'm not in a position to disclose anything' isn't going to suffice - so hopefully i get answers today. SURELY if we send emails and put pressure on the recruitment team regularly they will put pressure on the business planners to release start dates quicker! Team work guys!

I hate to sound negative but I doubt it. I'm sure they would start us tomorrow if they could. Which organisation doesn't want more staff. I suspect they are waiting for other people to leave/retire before they can start us. However, it's also been a couple of months since my last stern email so anything is worth a shot :smile:
Reply 849
I hate to sound negative but I doubt it. I'm sure they would start us tomorrow if they could. Which organisation doesn't want more staff. I suspect they are waiting for other people to leave/retire before they can start us. However, it's also been a couple of months since my last stern email so anything is worth a shot :smile:

I agree. Last I spoke to Susan I was told there a number of people who are waiting to retire however some have extended retirement, I mean why lol I'm sending them an email too and await the response.
Let's face it. Civil Service and Local governments are cutting spending and what is one of the largest commitments from a budget? Staffing costs. There are people on this forum alone who've been waiting a year. If they were jobs we'd be in them.

I suspect we might get put on a reserve list and then after a year - we get cut off.

The service then suffers and they blame it on not having enough staff. They then do another recruitment and the whole process starts again.

Would love to be proved wrong though :smile:
Original post by yojimbo1
Let's face it. Civil Service and Local governments are cutting spending and what is one of the largest commitments from a budget? Staffing costs. There are people on this forum alone who've been waiting a year. If they were jobs we'd be in them.

I suspect we might get put on a reserve list and then after a year - we get cut off.

The service then suffers and they blame it on not having enough staff. They then do another recruitment and the whole process starts again.

Would love to be proved wrong though :smile:

The hope is that as HMRC is an income generation institution, the govT wont be so short sighted as to cut funding too much. I'm keeping my fingers crossed whilst remaining skeptical about a start date
Anyone had any responses? - I called the recruitment line and was hushed off the phone and told to email instead- so i emailed in yesterday at around 9.30am and have had no response..
Reply 853
Anyone had any responses? - I called the recruitment line and was hushed off the phone and told to email instead- so i emailed in yesterday at around 9.30am and have had no response..

What number did you call?
I called - 03001231896
Reply 855
The hope is that as HMRC is an income generation institution, the govT wont be so short sighted as to cut funding too much. I'm keeping my fingers crossed whilst remaining skeptical about a start date

For HMRC it is actually the opposite, although we have been asked to make budget savings every year, for recruitment in compliance we have been given extra funding every year so far, as it is expanding and with the regional centres opening there will be further recruitment campaigns, so guys i know its difficult but im pretty certain everyone will get an offer at some point...soon!
Has anyone had any responses to their emails? I sent an email on Monday morning yet still no response.. either they've had enough and do not wan't to respond to my emails anymore or Formal offers are out soooooon..
I emailed late on Tuesday and haven't heard anything back yet either.
@Huxley86 Hmm... slightly conflicted - not sure whether to chase up or wait till Friday for the offer.
I emailed Tuesday and no response yet. I don't think we should draw conclusions about it meaning offers are forthcoming soon though as we'll just be disappointed when the inevitable 'we'll provide an update when we know more' email comes back.

I'm not even sure how I'll respond when the formal offer eventually comes through. Not sure how my managers will respond either. I think they think I'm staying and are pretty happy about it. Its going to be weird when it eventually happens

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending