The Student Room Group

I don't get it.

I've been doing boxing for a while now and everyone in my boxing gym is confident but I am still a very shy person.
Original post by Agent456
I've been doing boxing for a while now and everyone in my boxing gym is confident but I am still a very shy person.

If you're shy you'll never win a boxing match. Even casual ones :tongue:
Reply 2
Any other ways I can get my confidence up?

Have you made friends with them?

Ask questions. Get advice. You are there to box.
Reply 5
Original post by Emerald7770
Have you made friends with them?

Yes, I am not shy at the gym but when I am at sixth form I get shy, it's like at certain places I am shy and certain places I am not shy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes, I am not shy at the gym but when I am at sixth form I get shy, it's like at certain places I am shy and certain places I am not shy.

Maybe, it's the people you are with. Turning from shy to confident takes time. And it means you have to push yourself to be confident. Imagine, you are at a place where you don't feel shy (like the gym) and you'll instantly feel more relaxed.
Reply 7
Original post by Emerald7770
Maybe, it's the people you are with. Turning from shy to confident takes time. And it means you have to push yourself to be confident. Imagine, you are at a place where you don't feel shy (like the gym) and you'll instantly feel more relaxed.

Yeah it's some people I don't like in Sixth form that make me feel shy
Yeah it's some people I don't like in Sixth form that make me feel shy

Same. Kinda weird though cos usually were more shy of people we like than people we dislike but yeah. If they're RUDE then that's different if they're just a little intimidating then it's also different

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending