The Student Room Group

Journalism/Forensic Psychology??

I am torn - I don't know which degree course to choose. I've always been interested in journalism - I used to be sure that Journalism is a good degree to have, since there are many things you could possibly do with one, such as broadcast journalism, newspaper/magazines, reporting etc. however after hearing a few people saying it's not easy to get a job, let alone a well-paying one, I'm not sure anymore. I also am interested in Criminology however lots of people have said it's almost impossible to get a job with a criminology degree - and that Forensic/Criminal Psychology is a better option (which I'm also considering). I would have loved it if there was a degree involving both - but I don't believe there are any. I only found 2 possible course choices in the University of Essex and the University of Chester- these two universities offer a course on Journalism and Criminology. Unfortunately I haven't found any involving Journalism and Forensic Psychology.So, it's most likely that I'm going to have to choose one of them. The problem now is, I don't know which option is best - journalism or forensic psychology? Which is more likely to secure a job? Which is better-paid? What would be the safest choice? Help!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by waaave
I am torn - I don't know which degree course to choose. I've always been interested in journalism - I used to be sure that Journalism is a good degree to have, since there are many things you could possibly do with one, such as broadcast journalism, newspaper/magazines, reporting etc. however after hearing a few people saying it's not easy to get a job, let alone a well-paying one, I'm not sure anymore. I also am interested in Criminology however lots of people have said it's almost impossible to get a job with a criminology degree - and that Forensic/Criminal Psychology is a better option (which I'm also considering). I would have loved it if there was a degree involving both - but I don't believe there are any. I only found 2 possible course choices in the University of Essex and the University of Chester- these two universities offer a course on Journalism and Criminology. Unfortunately I haven't found any involving Journalism and Forensic Psychology.So, it's most likely that I'm going to have to choose one of them. The problem now is, I don't know which option is best - journalism or forensic psychology? Which is more likely to secure a job? Which is better-paid? What would be the safest choice? Help!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Make your decision based on what career you would like to go into.:yep:

Your ideal course is very very niche, so look at the specifics of what each module involves and make decisions based on what excites you the most.:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest