The Student Room Group

Am I a mature age student?

I am currently doing my A level now and am 20 years old. By the time I finish my A level and apply to university I'll be 22. So will I be considered as a mature student in universities in Australia and Canada? Also, there was a 3 year gap between my O level (finished in year 2013) and A level (started in 2017).
I'm very new to the 'mature age student' thingy so please give me some insight about it.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SharminSSS
I am currently doing my A level now and am 20 years old. By the time I finish my A level and apply to university I'll be 22. So will I be considered as a mature student in universities in Australia and Canada? Also, there was a 3 year gap between my O level (finished in year 2013) and A level (started in 2017).
I'm very new to the 'mature age student' thingy so please give me some insight about it.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. the mature age has gotten lower and lower. I think its anyone 21+, but it could also be anyone not directly from school. It used to be much older. I wouldnt worry about it because its more or less irrelevant.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Yes. the mature age has gotten lower and lower. I think its anyone 21+, but it could also be anyone not directly from school. It used to be much older. I wouldnt worry about it because its more or less irrelevant.

I see. Thank you for the answer. :smile:
Original post by SharminSSS

Thanks in advance.

Yep, as stated above, 21+ constitutes a mature applicant 😊
Reply 4
Original post by FloralHybrid
Yep, as stated above, 21+ constitutes a mature applicant 😊

Yep. Thank you for taking the time to answer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending