The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pretty crap.
Reply 9641
Feeling depressed, tired
I have NO lessons today and still have to come into school and be bored, when I could be at home right now.
I may ask if I can...
Absolutely exhausted and quite shaken up.

Today my biology teacher kept me back after class to raise some concerns about my focus in class, and she was definitely on to me at exactly the wrong (right?) time becuase she knew straight away there was something seriously wrong. I was already ready to explode, as I've been very on edge with my MH recently and I finally made the decision to seek help over the past week; the only problem was that I was far too afraid to that last step to reach out. Now there's no need, my teacher took that step towards me instead :redface:
She didn't teach her next 2 classes and spent them talking to me; this is the first time in what feels like ever that I may be feeling a little bit okay about what's going to happen in life.
I know this isn't going to cure my MI, but at least now I have a good support network in the place that makes me most unstable.

On a more positive note, the patron of the Spoken Word society that I'm a part of (who is actually an amazing therapist and a TedX speaker) called one of my pieces of poetry 'stunning', and honestly, I don't think I can ever receive higher praise :redface:
Original post by MrsMars

Today my biology teacher kept me back after class to raise some concerns about my focus in class, and she was definitely on to me at exactly the wrong (right?) time becuase she knew straight away there was something seriously wrong. I was already ready to explode, as I've been very on edge with my MH recently and I finally made the decision to seek help over the past week; the only problem was that I was far too afraid to that last step to reach out. Now there's no need, my teacher took that step towards me instead :redface:
She didn't teach her next 2 classes and spent them talking to me; this is the first time in what feels like ever that I may be feeling a little bit okay about what's going to happen in life.
I know this isn't going to cure my MI, but at least now I have a good support network in the place that makes me most unstable.

On a more positive note, the patron of the Spoken Word society that I'm a part of (who is actually an amazing therapist and a TedX speaker) called one of my pieces of poetry 'stunning', and honestly, I don't think I can ever receive higher praise :redface:

Obviously I don't know a lot about you or the details of what you are going through, but I'm glad to hear that this may be the start of something positive for you. :smile:
Original post by ahlaladolly
found my glasses at school, feel so much better :smile:

:hugs:
Original post by MrsMars

similar thing happened to me a year ago, it is a horrible and weird feeling but it does help in the long run :hugs: well done for your poetry as well :work:

------------
Trying to stay awake desperately, have the worst headache but there is no way in hell's chance im missing this phone call after all this work i have put in to get it. Keep waking up in the night, woke up at 4am then 5 last night and it's annoying. Even if i ever do manage to get a decent amount of hours sleep it is always disrupted in some way
pleased with how my assignment went though, got really good comments from the tutor and the people in the tutorial caught me afterwards outside the classroom to tell me that mine was the best there :blushing: thought that was a really lovely thing to say tbh
I'm feeling ill. My body is extremely weak and shaking, my insides are churning and my head doesn't feel like it's my head. This is all because of my house. I didn't go to my seminar this morning and I have never missed a lesson before, ever. I emailed the teacher last night saying I was feeling unwell and with anxiety and stress and I got a reply 20 minutes ago, followed up by a message 10 minutes from my personal tutor, telling me to go to a tutorial with her tomorrow ........................ greeeeeeat. Thanks Mr Geography Lecturer. Clearly they think it's work-related. I should have been clearer in my email.

I messaged one of my old flatmates last night and I am going to see him and his girlfriend tonight to talk. They often listened to me talk last year and said I could talk whenever I wanted to them, so I'm taking them up on it now. I just need to talk to somebody who knows these people, but isn't involved. I NEED them to see it from mine and my mother's point of view. And I'm going to tell them my plan to move back into halls next year, and HOPEFULLY they'll spread it around a bit so everyone knows what I'm having to do because of Amelia.

I know that H's house isn't getting on with a guy called R at the moment, and I fantastise that he might move out to live with his coursemates and then I could have his room instead. I doubt that will happen, but I WISH it could. None of them like him and it makes sense to me. Then Amelia can go live with the girls she "PROMISED" to live with, and the other three girls we're living with can get a house that they can live in til their 4th year (I CAN'T be asking those girls to keep moving houses).

If that doesn't happen, then...I'll be in halls from 3rd year, with a bunch of 18 years old freshers.
Original post by For King Knife
:hugs:

PRSOM :hugs:
so so tired
Why am I such a f***ing failure
Been run down with flu and very busy over the past few days so there's quite a backlog everywhere I look :rofl:

Will get up to speed today hopefully :colondollar:
Original post by CoolCavy
Finally got my assignment done, quite proud of it actually since i think it's to a good standard and more importantly i tried really hard on it, which was hard due to all this other stuff going on but yeh.
Feel quite poorly now tbh even though i have eaten dinner and everything now so im going to bed, wont shower i dont have the energy, only have a tutorial tomorrow so i think i can survive without one for tonight

well done on the assignment, hope you feel better soon :smile:
I'm deliberstely sabotaging my own life.
unsettled and upset tbh. Still thinking about it hours later. dont really know if that makes me pathetic or not but i dont really care rn
don't know why it affected me so badly, the others were bad but not this bad. Just made me realise how little people inrl actually know and how little i want to tell them and how bad some stuff sounds when it is said aloud. Feel like my brain has been picked to pieces and im tired and hollow. Honestly i would just like to be left alone by everyone for just a week or something (professional people i mean) as i literally have talked about this stuff to someone every other day and it's getting too much now. Just one more appointment on friday (dont mind that one too much as it is just counsellor so dont have to say anything i dont want unlike the one today) then have a break of 10 days i think (theoretically) until doctors again. Hopefully will all be worth it
have also realised that it is the detergent making my fingertips numb not the hot water (washed the clothes in cold water as an experiment) so should probably buy some gloves.
Feel sick again and have another headache
It’s October the 12th which means that it’s my birthday tomorrow :yay:
Original post by Kevin Hodge
It’s October the 12th which means that it’s my birthday tomorrow :yay:

oooohh mayne you fitna buy a cake... CREAMPIE flavour
Original post by eden3
oooohh mayne you fitna buy a cake... CREAMPIE flavour

YEAAHHH... mayne we fitna get AWLL KINDZ of creampie action.
i never thought that something i posted nearly 4 years ago would save my sanity on this sleepless night :lol:

oh tsr, how i love to hate to love you

ty for everything and nothing and everything

cupcakes87

xxx
I'm drunk at 11:45.
I am sitting in the SU building unable to open ****ing headphones because I am that inept. I'm borderline crying. Seriously I cannot think of a single reason why my continued living is a good long term option.

Latest