The Student Room Group

Is it illegal for a 16 year old to be in bed with a 15 year old.

Hey guys, I'm 16 and I have a girlfriend who is 15. Is it illegal to be sleeping in the same bed together (like sleepover, no sexual activity)? I really need to clear the air, but I haven't found any articles or anything. I don't want answers saying "I think it's fine". I need certainty, with documents stating that it's fine, for example; from an official law documentation.

Thanks! It will help me A LOT!

Scroll to see replies

Best not to, for the sake of caution.
Do sleepovers involve sexual activity? There you go you can answer your own question.
How much you wanna bet this is ryanthom100?
lol no
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, I'm 16 and I have a girlfriend who is 15. Is it illegal to be sleeping in the same bed together (like sleepover, no sexual activity)? I really need to clear the air, but I haven't found any articles or anything. I don't want answers saying "I think it's fine". I need certainty, with documents stating that it's fine, for example; from an official law documentation.

You sound you goin do some **** if it ain't illegal.

Just wait man. Like focus on your studies.

Simply being in bed with no. You havent done anything.
I dont believe any such document exists and cba to look for it.

If you end up having sex then thats a different matter.
Reply 7
If your **** isn't going to penetrate her taco then no it's not illegal!
I mean you can touch her and everything but just don't attempt to bang her.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
No it's fine if there is no sexual activity its not illegal you wont end up on the register for sleeping in the same bed.
Is it illegal for two people to go to sleep in the same bed? No. It's common sense and you don't need a legal document to prove it.

Legal documents tend not to go "this is fine", they usually all revolve around listing things that aren't fine and what the courts can do to you if you do these not fine things. Simply being in bed with another person doesn't constitute any crime. Hell think about it, little kids sleep with their parents all the time. Are all parents who let that happen sex offenders? No.

In short: keep the dicc away and it's legally fine.
Thanks guys!

Age of consent is 16 so anything sexual is technically illegal. Anything non-sexual is fine. There's no age limit on friendship.

Basically is is illegal for you to have sex with her, but even then it would be unlikely to be a huge issue because you are so close in age.
If you aren't doing anything sexual you're basically just friends as far as legality is concerned so its totally fine, even if you're having a sleepover or calling yourselves bf and gf.

This page may help:
http://www.themix.org.uk/crime-and-safety/your-rights/age-of-consent-9106.html
Reply 13
.No, there is no law, statue or otherwise, that states simply being in the same bed as a person is illegal if you have sex, technically that is illegal, but the law do not prosecute you people who have sex if their ages are very close (it is deemed not to be in the public interest), I would air on the side of caution and just wait till she is 16 before you do anything sexual, but sleeping in the same bed is perfectly fine :smile:
Original post by will'o'wisp2
You sound you goin do some **** if it ain't illegal.

Just wait man. Like focus on your studies.

you sound like a pathetic geriatric. when you're in school, it's about losing your virginity as fast as you can. the race starts in Y8 btw and if you haven't by the time you finish Y11, then you literally have no social value.
Original post by The RAR
If your **** isn't going to penetrate her taco then no it's not illegal!
I mean you can touch her and everything but just don't attempt to bang her.

No you can't touch her - like... "touch" her
Pls don't lay with the poor child. omd where are the parents? 😩
Original post by angelike1
No you can't touch her - like... "touch" her

Go to bed 😜
Original post by oldboy2007
you sound like a pathetic geriatric. when you're in school, it's about losing your virginity as fast as you can. the race starts in Y8 btw and if you haven't by the time you finish Y11, then you literally have no social value.

pathetic? look at yourslef lol. cus we all know social value has nothing to do with your skills and education but all about if you've ****ed or not
If you both just slept in the same bed then that is fine I guess. Any sexual activity would be illegal as the 15 year old is under the age of consent which is 16 within the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending