The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Living at brackenhurst campus

Got an unconditional to study physical geography at NTU starting next september, lectures would be at brackenhurst however i am not sure I want to live there with it being awkwardly distanced from nottingham city centre. Can anyone tell me how living on brackenhurst compares to living in the city campus's for example does the social side of student life suffer from the isolation (watched the youtube accomadation tours and out of all the student halls brackenhurst seemed to be lot more dull)? also how affordable would it be to live in nottingham campus's but travel to brackenhurst for your lectures? Do many people live in nottingham student halls and commute to brackenhurst for their lectures?
Cheers
Original post by Shubbard99
Got an unconditional to study physical geography at NTU starting next september, lectures would be at brackenhurst however i am not sure I want to live there with it being awkwardly distanced from nottingham city centre. Can anyone tell me how living on brackenhurst compares to living in the city campus's for example does the social side of student life suffer from the isolation (watched the youtube accomadation tours and out of all the student halls brackenhurst seemed to be lot more dull)? also how affordable would it be to live in nottingham campus's but travel to brackenhurst for your lectures? Do many people live in nottingham student halls and commute to brackenhurst for their lectures?
Cheers

Hi @Shubbard99

Congratulations on your unconditional offer!

I totally get your concern about not living in the city but Brackenhurst Campus has the best of both worlds - it is less-than 30 minutes from Nottingham city centre and has a regular bus service every 30 minutes. There’s also a night-bus that leaves the city centre at midnight, 1.30 am and 3 am on a Friday and Saturday.

It's also close to a market town called Southwell which is known for its stylish range of pubs, bars, delis, and boutique restaurants. Although I personally don't study at Brackenhurst, everyone I know who has always says what a great community feel there is on campus.

If you do choose to live in the city, then there are plenty of options for commuting. You can activate your NTU Smartcard to use as a student bus pass for cheaper travel on all Nottingham City Transport buses around Nottingham.

We’ve got loads of info on discounted student travel around Nottingham on our website, which you can find here.

Hope that helps, give me a shout if you have any questions :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep

Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending