The Student Room Group

A level struggle

If I’m struggling with maths should I drop it and start something new or just pick up a 4th? (Geography or biology, most likely geography) my other subjects are chemistry and economics as well as the compulsory Welsh bacc (EPQ )
Original post by Reece.W.J
If I’m struggling with maths should I drop it and start something new or just pick up a 4th? (Geography or biology, most likely geography) my other subjects are chemistry and economics as well as the compulsory Welsh bacc (EPQ )

Hi, A levels are a big step from GCSEs, which some people are not ready for. Maybe you can speak to your teacher and she/he might give you some extra work that you can do to better help you understand the topics. However, if you really don't feel that maths is for you, it's better to pick something you like as you would have a better chance of getting a high grade:smile:
Don't pick a 4th as its not necessary and would be too much work, especially if you don't feel confident in Maths. Do you know what you want tor do at uni/as a career?
xx
Original post by Queenie123
Hi, A levels are a big step from GCSEs, which some people are not ready for. Maybe you can speak to your teacher and she/he might give you some extra work that you can do to better help you understand the topics. However, if you really don't feel that maths is for you, it's better to pick something you like as you would have a better chance of getting a high grade:smile:
Don't pick a 4th as its not necessary and would be too much work, especially if you don't feel confident in Maths. Do you know what you want tor do at uni/as a career?
xx

Yeah I’m looking towards something business such as economics or accounting and finance. This is where the problem lies because most require maths
No a level is that easy. Change if u must. Starting something new will be hard now cos u will need to catch up with weeks of work.
I take biology and there’s so much to remember
Yeah I’m looking towards something business such as economics or accounting and finance. This is where the problem lies because most require maths

Hmm oky, just remember that if a course requires a maths a level, it means that you need that level of maths in the course. If you are struggling with maths at a level, so you think that doing three years of accounting is for you?:smile:

Is it only one topic you don't understand, or everything you've done so far? Maybe your teacher can explain some parts to you during a lunchtime, and give you some practice questions?
Original post by Janej77
No a level is that easy. Change if u must. Starting something new will be hard now cos u will need to catch up with weeks of work.
I take biology and there’s so much to remember

I know but I can actually remember the stuff I’ve done in economics and chemistry
Hmm oky, just remember that if a course requires a maths a level, it means that you need that level of maths in the course. If you are struggling with maths at a level, so you think that doing three years of accounting is for you?:smile:

Is it only one topic you don't understand, or everything you've done so far? Maybe your teacher can explain some parts to you during a lunchtime, and give you some practice questions?

Everything in pure. What could I do with economics geography and chemistry then?
Everything in pure. What could I do with economics geography and chemistry then?

Are you interested in Geography? Alternatively, you could look into Business Management? These are just from the top of my head, but if you do the research, I'm sure there are lots of options for you x
Are you interested in Geography? Alternatively, you could look into Business Management? These are just from the top of my head, but if you do the research, I'm sure there are lots of options for you x

Not geography past a level because I can’t see any future jobs out of it but anything business really so could look at management

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending