The Student Room Group

Dissertation help!

Hi Everyone,

Im in need of some help. Basically I am doing my dissertation this year and I am stuck on a title, objective and aims.

I have come up with a title that i wanted to research on which is;

Can integrating the use of technology (such as BIM for eg) motivate undergrads (QS and CM) to work together.

Now my supervisor said its a question but not a researchable question and I need to change this title so I am able to use it as a research question.

Can anyone give me ideas based on the use of emotion like motivation and technology put together to help impact the undergrads in construction such as the quantity surveyors and construction managers etc I am really struggling on trying to change this into a decent research question.

Much Appreciated Thanks.
Original post by H_2017
Hi Everyone,

Im in need of some help. Basically I am doing my dissertation this year and I am stuck on a title, objective and aims.

I have come up with a title that i wanted to research on which is;

Can integrating the use of technology (such as BIM for eg) motivate undergrads (QS and CM) to work together.

Now my supervisor said its a question but not a researchable question and I need to change this title so I am able to use it as a research question.

Can anyone give me ideas based on the use of emotion like motivation and technology put together to help impact the undergrads in construction such as the quantity surveyors and construction managers etc I am really struggling on trying to change this into a decent research question.

Much Appreciated Thanks.

Hi, I had a similar issue with my one many years ago.

What I would recommend is treating the reader like they know diddly squat and try to keep it simple but not to simple.

a simplified version of yours would read something like:

Investigating the use of technology to motivate undergrads to work together.

After this, try adding groups your investigating into the title and rearranging it (I have no idea about your topic tbh and wont pretend to but you could rearrange the wording from above to something like):

investigating the role technology plays in promoting teamwork amongst undergraduate students.

anyways best of luck
Reply 2
Fair point, I appreciate the help thanks mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending