The Student Room Group

Will unis know my college is "bad"?

My college was on the list of colleges/sixth forms that are below 40% in attainment for the past few years, but this year it's been taken off? Will unis recognise this was/is a "not as good" college, so will consider this (although won't offer me a contextual offer) in the application cycle. Tbh I don't think the college has improved a single bit, about 3/4 of my classes have dropped out cause they got U's but that's just my opinion oops.
No University sifts application depending on which school you go to.

All they are concerned about is your grades and your Personal Statement.
Reply 2
I think its actually a good things if the college knows you come from a bad school but has a great predict grade. I think tutor will admire that
Original post by returnmigrant
No University sifts application depending on which school you go to.

All they are concerned about is your grades and your Personal Statement.

I know for sure that Bristol gives lower offers for those who come from "worse" schools.

To the OP, if your school isn't on it this year, I don't think you'll be eligible for these types of offers.
Original post by thegalaxy
I know for sure that Bristol gives lower offers for those who come from "worse" schools.

The OP has not mentioned Bristol. What he/she is asking is will any Uni mark an application down/not offer simply because of the name of the school/college. The answer is clearly No.
Original post by returnmigrant
The OP has not mentioned Bristol. What he/she is asking is will any Uni mark an application down/not offer simply because of the name of the school/college. The answer is clearly No.

All the OP asked was will unis know which school they have came from. I gave an example of a uni that will look at which school they have gone to. So the answer is Yes, at certain universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending