The Student Room Group

What do you think of Jacob Rees-Mogg?

Hi there!

What I would like to know is the student youth's opinion about JRM, and if you think he would be suitable for the top spot in parliament as PM. Feel free to discuss policies, his own views etc. Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

J-dogg is bae

:heart:
Original post by charliertn
Hi there!

What I would like to know is the student youth's opinion about JRM, and if you think he would be suitable for the top spot in parliament as PM. Feel free to discuss policies, his own views etc. Thanks! :smile:

I think he's great. Even if you don't agree with everything he stands for, he actually will answer questions and be honest, and people know what he believes in. You have to go back many decades to find a prime minister like that.
His leadership abilty is untested, so that may be an issue, but he will have a direction to take the country in, and actually be conservative, which is meant to be the name of that party.
Reply 3
People like him for the amusement factor. He is so uptight and upper class compared to much of the population and this is seen by people as a novelty. Because people poke fun at him, he is seen as entirely innocuous but he has illustrated massive hypocrisy and dishonesty that suggests he is a very intelligent and dangerous politician. A bit like Boris Johnson in the sense that they are so foreign and different and people are too busy taking the piss out of them while being blind to their toxic and manipulative behaviours and policies. The first poster is a shining example of this.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by the bear
J-dogg is bae

Lol
Original post by Puppo
People like him for the amusement factor. He is so uptight and upper class compared to much of the population and this is seen by people as a novelty. Because people poke fun at him, he is seen as entirely innocuous but he has illustrated massive hypocrisy and dishonesty that suggests he is a very intelligent and dangerous politician. A bit like Boris Johnson in the sense that they are so foreign and different and people are too busy taking the piss out of them while being blind to their toxic and manipulative behaviours and policies. The first poster is a shining example of this.

Yes, he trades on being unusual and novel in his media image as a way of encouraging people to overlook his extremist right wing attitudes and opinions. He is a kind of throwback to past times and is indeed known in the House as the Member of Parliament for the 18th Century.
In general, I am a fan.
Jacob Rees-Mugg
Original post by the bear
J-dogg is bae

"J-dogg"? :lol:

(supercilious voice) What a jolly hip fellow. Why, I believe there are indeed certain persons who enjoy, shall we call it, a sort of 'popular' approach. One cannot i'faith count oneself among them.
His growing popularity is indicative of the utter dearth of talent and ideas in the Conservative Party. People are looking at him as the socially conservative Jeremy Corbyn, but I'm not sure trying to alienate more moderate voters is what the Conservative Party needs.
A politician whose popularity is entirely based on image and not an ounce of substance.

His actual opinions dont particularly resonate with the rest of the country which is exactly why no one has mentioned of any of yhem yet...
Bloke is against same-sex marriage and abortion, even in cases of rape. Piece of ****.
god in human form.
Original post by bones-mccoy
Bloke is against same-sex marriage and abortion, even in cases of rape. Piece of ****.

its not a crime to have different views to other people. he has every right to feel and think that way. just because hard left snowflakes can't deal with any other views but their own. good for him!
Original post by AllonsEnfants!
He is against same-sex marriage and abortion because he is a Catholic, that does not make him 'a piece of ****''.

You appear to take the view that others can hold any view you like on same-sex marriage and the same with abortion. How very reasonable of you

Original post by Knightoflogic
its not a crime to have different views to other people. he has every right to feel and think that way. just because hard left snowflakes can't deal with any other views but their own. good for him!

It's funny because us "hard left snowflakes" are actually the ones NOT dictating what individuals can and can't do with their own bodies whereas you seem obsessed with controlling other people and not letting them make their own decisions hmmm
Original post by Quantex
His growing popularity is indicative of the utter dearth of talent and ideas in the Conservative Party. People are looking at him as the socially conservative Jeremy Corbyn, but I'm not sure trying to alienate more moderate voters is what the Conservative Party needs.

Moderate meaning pro-status quo? That's the last thing we can afford with all the growing problems in our country.

True, but the left of politics used to be tolerant and democratic. Now they are rife with violence and hate and are really mostly neo-liberals who only support Momentum so they can get free stuff through flawed economics.
Original post by Quantex

Well the thinking here is that one of big reasons we lost our majority is that we barely talked about the economy. If Mogg had a more economy orientated campaign and actually came up with ambitious stuff on housing then the idea goes that social policy will be lower down the set of voting priorities.

I don't per say agree with the logic entirely (though i do think avoiding the economy cost us a majority) but i can see the general jist. Most of the electorate are not social justice warriors even if they have a mild preference for some liberal stuff.

Original post by charliertn
Hi there!

I like the guy and would give him a cabinet slot however he is not my preferred PM.
Reply 18
Original post by AllonsEnfants!
He is against same-sex marriage and abortion because he is a Catholic, that does not make him 'a piece of ****''.

You appear to take the view that others can hold any view you like on same-sex marriage and the same with abortion. How very reasonable of you

It's her opinion that he is a piece of sh*t, moron. And many people hold that same opinion given the exact same reasons listed.
Reply 19

And she has every right to her opinion, that he is a piece of sh*t lol. That's not a crime is it??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending