The Student Room Group

Do you care about likes?

Poll

Do you care about likes?

Most of you probably have Facebook and Instagram,
sel gif.gif
and you probably post pics of everything and anything.
Do you care about how many likes you get on a post? Should we care about likes?
Reply 1
Everybody, except for diagnosed ASPD people, likes likes. It is basic psychology, when a person receives attention or confirmation, even in the form of a virtual like or comment, it releases tinnyyyy amounts of dopamine. And everybody loves a bit of dopamine in the morning xD

But caring about likes is different, I know many many people who post things with the sole intention of getting likes, when I talk to students about social media the number of them who admit to taking down a picture and posting another one because it didn't get enough likes is shocking. So I do think the majority of people care about likes, but maybe not just for the shallow reasons we may initially think
I live to serve so yes it feels good when people show that they appreciate what I write. Not that I post things I have written on fb more than monthly or have ever posted on instagram.
Reply 3
Original post by Avaia
Everybody, except for diagnosed ASPD people, likes likes. It is basic psychology, when a person receives attention or confirmation, even in the form of a virtual like or comment, it releases tinnyyyy amounts of dopamine. And everybody loves a bit of dopamine in the morning xD

But caring about likes is different, I know many many people who post things with the sole intention of getting likes, when I talk to students about social media the number of them who admit to taking down a picture and posting another one because it didn't get enough likes is shocking. So I do think the majority of people care about likes, but maybe not just for the shallow reasons we may initially think

Yeah i agree with you
I only post something once in a blue moon so whenever I get likes I've got no real point of comparison with previous posts. So idc how many I end up getting 'cause I'm never sure if the number is any good or not.
Original post by BlueEyes15
Most of you probably have Facebook and Instagram,
sel gif.gif
and you probably post pics of everything and anything.
Do you care about how many likes you get on a post? Should we care about likes?

I say no,

But deep deep deep deep down inside me, i know i care.
No, on the contrary! it is so annoying to get notifications for being repped. It is nice to see that some people agree with some statements of mine, but it does not make a contribution for an ongoing discussion.

Quick Reply

Latest