The Student Room Group

Police caution

Hi I’m hoping to apply to uni but I have a police caution for wasting police time what are the chances I get into uni? It’s on my dbs as I’ve had one done. Will this be a no? I never imagined a simple caution would have a big impact on my career.
Reply 1
Does the course that you are applying require the DBS? If not then the caution is likely spent and you won't need to declare it. If you are doing paramedic science or medicine or something, then you may face a few issues. Just be prepared to defend the caution and explain what happened
Original post by Avaia
Does the course that you are applying require the DBS? If not then the caution is likely spent and you won't need to declare it. If you are doing paramedic science or medicine or something, then you may face a few issues. Just be prepared to defend the caution and explain what happened

Yes I’m wanting to apply for nursing 😭
Thankyou for your reply.
Reply 3
Original post by angie44
Hi I’m hoping to apply to uni but I have a police caution for wasting police time what are the chances I get into uni? It’s on my dbs as I’ve had one done. Will this be a no? I never imagined a simple caution would have a big impact on my career.

No dont think it will although dont do it again
I believe that the caution will show on dbs. In.your situation, I'd be honest about nor just the caution.but what led you to getting charged with wasting police time. Being honest, I'd be surprised if caution for that offence sropped you being a nurse.
Don’t intend too 👍
Original post by angie44
Don’t intend too 👍

Might need to go on UCAS though, in the convictions box- that may not apply if it's spent.
Will have a look thankyou
Reply 8
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Might need to go on UCAS though, in the convictions box- that may not apply if it's spent.

This might be handy:

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/simple-caution/
Reply 9
Original post by DreamlinerFinder

I dont think it does as the conviction isnt a relevant conviction. That just my opinion.
I do some enquiries thankyou for your help
Reply 11
Will probably depend on the facts. You will probably need to disclose and explain yourself. What happened?
Reply 12
A Police Caution is immediately spent and for the purpose of the requirements of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, is not a conviction. I doubt that it will have any impact on applying to Uni.

I would however not disregard it. If there is any ambiguity over whether it needs to be disclosed or not, I would disclose it. Honesty and Integrity is very important.

In terms of your professional career moving forward, this is something that you will undoubtedly have to disclose if you are going in to Nursing. Be prepared to explain what happened, and be remorseful (if you are).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending