The Student Room Group

Eating Dogs

In asia there is a culuture to eat dogs. Western countries do not like this because of the way dogs are treated. Then if a specific breed of dogs are breed and killed for meat would it be ok or are dogs much more superior than pigs and cows to be eaten for meat?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone that complains about asians eating dogs while they themselves eat pigs, cows, sheep etc is a ****ing retard. That's the bottom line.
Reply 2
Original post by isittting
Anyone that complains about asians eating dogs while they themselves eat pigs, cows, sheep etc is a ****ing retard. That's the bottom line.

I agree but there are some points made by people saying the dogs are breed in much harsh conditions compared to cows and pigs
Original post by Seungy_Han
I agree but there are some points made by people saying the dogs are breed in much harsh conditions compared to cows and pigs

That's a lot of bs. Have you seen the way they treat animals in factory farms?
Reply 4
Original post by isittting
That's a lot of bs. Have you seen the way they treat animals in factory farms?

But I don't think a majority of cows and pigs are beaten to death like dogs do
don't talk sh*t, the way the chinese / koreans etc keep dogs in cages, is way more barbaric than how animals are kept in the UK. They sometimes sow their mouths up and keep them in cages staving with other dogs so they can't move. So don't waste you time with the old culture bs either, it;s just some cultures and races are vile. Dog eating vermin.
Reply 6
Original post by thecube
don't talk sh*t, the way the chinese / koreans etc keep dogs in cages, is way more barbaric than how animals are kept in the UK. They sometimes sow their mouths up and keep them in cages staving with other dogs so they can't move. So don't waste you time with the old culture bs either, it;s just some cultures and races are vile. Dog eating vermin.

But if dogs are kept like animals in the UK and killed the same way as cows and pigs is it ok to eat dog?
It's completely fine, and seeing whites expose their racism over it is delicious.
possibly, for me it is about how the animal is kept. I like the fact that UK have better standards of welfare, however, I don't like this is not consitent throughout the EU so we just import cheaper meat kept in less humane conditions.
Reply 9
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
It's completely fine, and seeing whites expose their racism over it is delicious.

So you will be fine about keeping dogs in harsh conditions worst than pigs ans cows?
Original post by thecube
possibly, for me it is about how the animal is kept. I like the fact that UK have better standards of welfare, however, I don't like this is not consitent throughout the EU so we just import cheaper meat kept in less humane conditions.

But cheaper food also means your saving money right?
So you will be fine about keeping dogs in harsh conditions worst than pigs ans cows?

Why do dogs deserve better conditions than pigs and cows?
Meh I get what your saying, but people would see it is wrong.

Pigs and cows etc aren't kept as pets, but dogs are. Humans generally have a closer bond with dogs than they do with pigs or cows.
more important things than just money. If the standards were the same it would be fair, but in the wonderul EU it's not, certain countries pick and chose the standards and laws they want. Some people think its OK to torture bulls in the name of entertainment and culture.
I think people in the UK would struggle to justify the eating of dogs as culturally we associate them as companion animals. However just look at Islam, they condone the eating of any pig based product but I would bet the majority of TSR users would love a bacon sandwich. To us, it is normal but is to them Haram. Similarly in some Asian cultures, they do not view dogs, or indeed most animals, as highly as we do and often have a different view as to the importance of good welfare. We cannot excuse this but also need to understand it is a bigger issue than individuals committing what we term cruelty and a cultural divide. No doubt as world trade expands and higher welfare standards must be implemented it will die out.
I don't really see a problem with eating dogs. :dontknow:

I live in the US so most of the chicken I eat has been kept in atrocious conditions.
But cheaper food also means your saving money right?

Quality of animals life > Money saved

The quality of an animals life is more important. The only time I would buy cheaper meat of animals that were kept in less humane conditions would be if I couldn't afford it (aka if I ever go to uni :P)
Original post by Bill Nye
Meh I get what your saying, but people would see it is wrong.

Pigs and cows etc aren't kept as pets, but dogs are. Humans generally have a closer bond with dogs than they do with pigs or cows.

But in some culture dogs are generally seen as source of meat? Because they don't have close bonds with dogs is it ok for them to eat it?
Original post by Bill Nye
Quality of animals life > Money saved

The quality of an animals life is more important. The only time I would buy cheaper meat of animals that were kept in less humane conditions would be if I couldn't afford it (aka if I ever go to uni :P)

But if you increase the welfare of animals you get a happy pig or a cow. It will be living it's days having a happy time. Then it's killed for meat. Wouldn't it be better if the pigs and cows are so miserable they want to kill themselves so humans do it for them?
In asia there is a culuture to eat dogs. Western countries do not like this because of the way dogs are treated. Then if a specific breed of dogs are breed and killed for meat would it be ok or are dogs much more superior than pigs and cows to be eaten for meat?

I don’t really get the issue here dogs are animals and in different parts of the world they eat different animals, I.e the French and horses. So that point is out the window.

You later talk about cages etc that dogs are kept in but that’s an irrelevant point too as they keep other animals in similar conditions in those countries too.

It would be far nicer if they kept their animals in better conditions but there is sod all we can do about it except not to buy animals/meat from the people who don’t meet our standards, which I personally think are too low anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest