The Student Room Group

Can’t stand my Mum anymore

Nearly every time I’m around her she starts an argument that makes me burst into tears, she’s so ******* negative and all she cares about is watching stupid family bloggers on youtube and it’s so clear that she cares more about those exploited kids then her own and she leaves the dogs out for ages even when they’re barking instead of just bringing them inside and if anyone else tries to bring them in she gets all ****ed off like ‘what is they need the toilet’ like mf clearly they don’t because they’re barking like mad. They’re barking right now but she isn’t doing anything about it instead she’s watching a facebook live.

I’ve also been diagnosed with B12 deficiency and she’s completely blaming me for it like I have complete control over my diet. She’s raised me on nothing but processed birdseye food, only this year have I had enough and tried to change my diet around to include more vitamins but this has caused problems. I’ve never been raised on any vegetables and I still only eat them once a week and the only real none processed foods I eat are a chicken dinner every Wednesday and fruit. I want to start eating better and I’ve been wanting for ages now today I brought up trying tuna and she went ‘you probably won’t like it’ like as a parent shouldn’t she be encouraging me to try new foods.

Maybe I’m just being really dramatic and this is all just some teenage angst that I’ll get over when I’m older but right now I’d rather be anywhere but around her and due to being homeschooled at the moment I can only truly be away from her three days a week for just over an hour (volunteering) I’m going back to school in September after five years though and I just hope that fixes everything between us.

Everything probably just feels worse because I don’t even have any friends or family that I’m close to so I have no one to really vent to. But I just feel very unloved and every day I’m near her I can feel my mental health get worse and worse.
That sounds like a cr@p situation and I'm sorry to hear about your problems.
Your mother obviously has her own issues but while appreciating that, it's not your job to solve them.
If you're ready to talk to someone then call childline on 0800 1111 in confidence and they'll find the right people to help you through it.
Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending