The Student Room Group

one name missing in Driver License

In my NSW driving license,one of my other name is missing.But family name is correct.I have 3 other names and only 2 names in my license.That mistake was done by my self.I forgot to fill all names in the application.But in my Passport,Visa Grant notice,Bank statements and even in my birth certificate and in Marriage certificate have my correct name.When I went to RTA,one offer said,I have to fill the name change application.But I didn't change my name.I'm helpless now.How could I correct this and how to get a license with my all 3 other names?
I know you didn't change your name, but I think you would still use the application form the officer advised you use. You just change it to the name from what is on your licence to your full name.
Original post by Kuma123
In my NSW driving license,one of my other name is missing.But family name is correct.I have 3 other names and only 2 names in my license.That mistake was done by my self.I forgot to fill all names in the application.But in my Passport,Visa Grant notice,Bank statements and even in my birth certificate and in Marriage certificate have my correct name.When I went to RTA,one offer said,I have to fill the name change application.But I didn't change my name.I'm helpless now.How could I correct this and how to get a license with my all 3 other names?

Hi there!

This thread should be in the Cars and motoring forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cheesecakelove
I know you didn't change your name, but I think you would still use the application form the officer advised you use. You just change it to the name from what is on your licence to your full name.

That officer said I have to fill the "Change of Name application" of "NSW Registry of Birth,Deaths and Marriages " If my name was not changed,how can I fill that form and Why?
Reply 4
When you say "NSW", do you mean New South Wales in Australia?

It's possible the person you spoke to either misunderstood the query, or didn't have the correct answer.

I'd suggest putting the query in writing -- hopefully there's on email address or online form you can use to submit a written query. If nothing else, you'll probably have someone different deal with it.

If I were in your situation, I'd write something like this:

Hi

I need to get the name corrected on my driving licence.

My legal name is WWWWW XXXXX YYYYY ZZZZZ. This is the name that appears on my birth certificate and passport. I have never been known by any other name.

However, on my driving licence my name appears as WWWWW XXXXX ZZZZZ. I believe this may be because I filled in the application form incorrectly.

I would like to get my driving licence corrected to show my full name WWWWW XXXXX YYYYY ZZZZZ. Can you tell me what I need to do for this to happen.

Thanks.

(I would making reference to any non-government paperwork. I suspect that simply the assertion that your birth certificate shows your name and that you've never changed it should be enough for them to not need a "change of name" process. Also, I'd suggest avoiding the word "change" in your email, and use the word "correct" instead.)

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/change-or-correct-personal-details-roads-and-maritime-services appears to have relevant information.

I guess this shows the risk of not using your full name on government paperwork. I find it odd that you'd manage to miss out one of your names!
Reply 5
Thanks Martin7.U have described the solution and the path clearly.I ll do it according to your instructions.Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending