The Student Room Group

What name should I use in my application for jobs?

Okay so I'm a trans guy and so I changed my name recently with an unenrolled deed poll. Currently I am waiting on my drivers license to come back hopefully in my new name but, so far, I haven't actually got anything back in my new name. I'm basically right at the start of changing my name legally. I'm planning on quitting my job and applying for some new jobs and I'm unsure as to what name I should use when applying considering obviously in interviews I'll need to provide ID. Idk any advice will help!
Reply 1
Original post by onlysharky
Okay so I'm a trans guy and so I changed my name recently with an unenrolled deed poll. Currently I am waiting on my drivers license to come back hopefully in my new name but, so far, I haven't actually got anything back in my new name. I'm basically right at the start of changing my name legally. I'm planning on quitting my job and applying for some new jobs and I'm unsure as to what name I should use when applying considering obviously in interviews I'll need to provide ID. Idk any advice will help!

Write your new name as it is registered. The driver’s license should come by the time you get am interview.

You could also change your name on your bank then order a new statement so that you can show that as evidence too.
Original post by bxa_842
Write your new name as it is registered. The driver’s license should come by the time you get am interview.

You could also change your name on your bank then order a new statement so that you can show that as evidence too.

I agree.
By the time you get an interview you will be well on the way to having some form of proof of ID. E.g. your driving licence should have come back by then etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending