The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Scanned certificates

Anyone know why a uni would ask for certificate scans before an interview offer? Surely they d offer you an interview first ! Is this a good or bad thing 🤔
who knows.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Helpful 👍
Original post by Jollyjohn
Anyone know why a uni would ask for certificate scans before an interview offer? Surely they d offer you an interview first ! Is this a good or bad thing 🤔

Hey @Jollyjohn

I have contacted a member of our admissions team to help answer your question :smile: When I hear back from them, I'll be able to give you a definitive answer.

I wouldn't worry too much though, sometimes the team just need a bit more information before making a decision, there's loads of reasons for this but they aren’t necessarily negative.

If there's any other questions you have in the mean time, don't hesitate to give me a shout! :h:

Chris - NTU Rep

Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.
Reply 4
Universities like to check on qualifications and certificates have official markings on them. I would not read into much :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hey @Jollyjohn

I have contacted a member of our admissions team to help answer your question :smile: When I hear back from them, I'll be able to give you a definitive answer.

I wouldn't worry too much though, sometimes the team just need a bit more information before making a decision, there's loads of reasons for this but they aren’t necessarily negative.

If there's any other questions you have in the mean time, don't hesitate to give me a shout! :h:

Chris - NTU Rep

Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

Thank you!!
Reply 6
Original post by Airmed
Universities like to check on qualifications and certificates have official markings on them. I would not read into much :smile:

Thank you !

Hey @Jollyjohn

Back again! :biggrin:

Helen from our admissions team has told me the following - "If we have asked for copies of certificates this could be because we are unsure of the type of qualifications taken, we are unable to confirm them on LRS or the reference provided is not academic so does not verify the qualifications."

Like i said before, none of these are negative they are just the process that we have to go through before making an offer.

Hope this has helped, give me a shout if you have any questions :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep
Reply 8
Hey @Jollyjohn

Back again! :biggrin:

Helen from our admissions team has told me the following - "If we have asked for copies of certificates this could be because we are unsure of the type of qualifications taken, we are unable to confirm them on LRS or the reference provided is not academic so does not verify the qualifications."

Like i said before, none of these are negative they are just the process that we have to go through before making an offer.

Hope this has helped, give me a shout if you have any questions :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep

I was offered conditional offer! Thank you
I was offered conditional offer! Thank you

Congrats! That's great to hear :biggrin:

What course have you applied for?
Reply 10
Congrats! That's great to hear :biggrin:

What course have you applied for?

Health and social