The Student Room Group

Shared bathrooms?

I'm broke, so my easiest option seems to be shared bathrooms. Every single time I've had to share a bathroom, be it during NCS, or even a family holidays, I always find myself rushing and stressing.

Also, I tend to get period pains prettttttty often, and I don't want to have to be in there for like an hour while there's a queue outside.

Also, are the bathrooms generally small. Is there enough space to get dressed. Do I have to run down to my room with a towel or what.

anyone
Original post by Anygy
I'm broke, so my easiest option seems to be shared bathrooms. Every single time I've had to share a bathroom, be it during NCS, or even a family holidays, I always find myself rushing and stressing.

Also, I tend to get period pains prettttttty often, and I don't want to have to be in there for like an hour while there's a queue outside.

Also, are the bathrooms generally small. Is there enough space to get dressed. Do I have to run down to my room with a towel or what.

anyone

Well you have a choice. Debt or share a bathroom or cut your budget elsewhere. Food or smaller / cheaper room.

If its going to cause such a crisis, then take a gap, get a job and save enough money to pay the difference.

Get some CBT counseling for anxiety and stress.

See if theres any medication you can get for your period pains.

You can normally see pictures of what the bathroom looks like before you book, so you can get an idea of size. To some people its more important than others.

I dont think its that bad at all. Think of how many books or how much food you could buy with the money saved.
Original post by Anygy

anyone

If you are looking to cut cost and that would mean you would need to take up a shared apartment then do not worry it is not really that bad. It is not like you will be sharing a bathroom with 50 other people that they will queue up outside. Also, living together you learn from each other, you can always let your flatmates know about your concerns and I am pretty sure they will be understanding and helpful. Also, you can try waking up early and then you will have the bathroom to yourself. Tbh it is easy, when you are all living together it is easy to establish a patter and then work according to it. You can also look for en-suite rooms, you might find them still in your budget where you share your kitchen and common area but have a personal bathroom.
I really don't understand why period pains mean you take an hour in the bathroom? You should probably work on that as you'll piss people off. But generally no one will queue up, you'll fall into a rhythm of when people use the bathroom within a couple of weeks. You won't generally share with more people than you would at home with a family (i.e. 2-4 per toilet). You can generally choose whether to wander round in your towel or get dresed in there. The ventilation is usually a bit crap so I'd lean towards walking round in your towel, it's not like you're showing anything to anyone and your room will probably be like 5 seconds away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending