The Student Room Group

EmilySarah00’s 2017/18 struggle to University (A*AA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmilySarah00
x

Oh my God, I love that picture so much! :gah:

Well done :clap2:
Original post by Michiyo

Thank you lovely :hugs: :heart:
06/11/17 Update - :yawn: (need I say anymore) :

I can hardly believe It's already Monday again, the weekends just fly by far too quickly. Today I only had two lessons however, any more and I probably would have fallen asleep in college! :laugh:

After a late night and a lie in (as always :teehee:) I went in to college for 11:15AM and had to get a lift because the busses are on strike, yet again (with four more strikes to go, what a nightmare!) My first lesson was Further Maths with my favourite of my two teachers, we did our second lesson on Decision 2, practising 'The Hungarian Algorithm.' I find decision maths really relaxing so I of course enjoyed this.

My second and final lesson of the day was Computer Science. Our cover teacher, who we have now had for six weeks, is definitely past caring about what we do at this point so it's very easy to do absolutely nothing in lessons. But with a deadline on Thursday I thought I best get something done. I only managed half a complicated flow chart though, partially because I couldn't get my head around it and partially because I was really distracted. :facepalm:

I came home with intent to do much more work than I actually did. Instead of setting off with work straight away I started Stranger Things 2 on Netflix. This was a really bad move come to think of it but I managed to stop myself after two episodes, however much I wanted to watch more. Then I decided I'd better actually get some work done considering our Computer Science teacher sprung a test date on us today, and the test is tomorrow!

So I began by finalising my revision notes, which I am making in poster form this year, for the Networks topic that the test is on tomorrow. Took me well over an hour to finish off those before I then moved on to reading over them and trying to learn as much content as possible. I don't really think I'm going to do well in this test tomorrow as for the past few weeks my mind has been completely on the MAT exam, so I didn't even consider the fact that I'd be having mini mock tests in other subjects the week after :eek3:

I also stuck my two currently finished posters on my wall, I'm trying to work out how I will fit them all around my wall calendar once I've made more, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there! For now, enjoy a picture of the two posters I've completed (a third is 3/4 finished :dumbells:)

IMG_7626.jpg

That's all for now, here's to tomorrow being more productive!
- Emily :cute:

PS: Snapchat is down at the minute and it's super frustrating!

The Best Blog Followers :heart: :

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

I can hardly believe It's already Monday again, the weekends just fly by far too quickly. Today I only had two lessons however, any more and I probably would have fallen asleep in college! :laugh:

After a late night and a lie in (as always :teehee:) I went in to college for 11:15AM and had to get a lift because the busses are on strike, yet again (with four more strikes to go, what a nightmare!) My first lesson was Further Maths with my favourite of my two teachers, we did our second lesson on Decision 2, practising 'The Hungarian Algorithm.' I find decision maths really relaxing so I of course enjoyed this.

My second and final lesson of the day was Computer Science. Our cover teacher of six weeks is definitely past caring about what we do at this point so it's very easy to do absolutely nothing in lessons. But with a deadline on Thursday I thought I best get something done. I only managed half a complicated flow chart though, partially because I couldn't get my head around it and partially because I was really distracted. :facepalm:

I came home with intent to do much more work than I actually did. Instead of setting off with work straight away I started Stranger Things 2 on Netflix. This was a really bad move come to think of it but I managed to stop myself after two episodes, however much I wanted to watch more. Then I decided I'd better actually get some work done considering our Computer Science sprung a test date on us today, and the test is tomorrow!

So I began by finalising my revision notes, which I am making in poster form this year, for the Networks topic that the test is on tomorrow. Took me well over an hour to finish off those before I then moved on to reading over them and trying to learn as much content as possible. I don't really think I'm going to do well in this test tomorrow as for the past few weeks my mind has been completely on the MAT exam, so I didn't even consider the fact that I'd be having mini mock tests in other subjects the week after :eek3:

I also stuck my two currently finished posters on my wall, I'm trying to work out how I will fit them all around my wall calendar once I've made more, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there! For now, enjoy a picture of the two posters I've completed (a third is 3/4 finished :dumbells:)

IMG_7626.jpg

Spoiler

omg it wasn't just me that snapchat was down for!!1

i was on the verge of ptsd i saw the hourglass
Those posters look amazing! And you've been soo productive! I'm really jealous...I've just procrastinated most the evening away :frown:
omg i started stranger things 2 the other day and it's literally such a struggle not to just watch them all ...

wow your poster looks so nice n colourful!! i hope all your mocks go well - all they your final, proper mocks ?? we have ours in december :redface:

My second and final lesson of the day was Computer Science. Our cover teacher, who we have now had for six weeks, is definitely past caring about what we do at this point so it's very easy to do absolutely nothing in lessons. But with a deadline on Thursday I thought I best get something done. I only managed half a complicated flow chart though, partially because I couldn't get my head around it and partially because I was really distracted. :facepalm:

I came home with intent to do much more work than I actually did. Instead of setting off with work straight away I started Stranger Things 2 on Netflix. This was a really bad move come to think of it but I managed to stop myself after two episodes, however much I wanted to watch more. Then I decided I'd better actually get some work done considering our Computer Science teacher sprung a test date on us today, and the test is tomorrow!

IMG_7626.jpg

Spoiler

Starting Stranger Things 2 was definitely a bad move, I ended up watching the whole thing in 1 day when I desperately needed to do homework😅 Can I just say you are probably the best person on TSR in terms of your GYG; literally the only person to update it everyday, so props to you for that👍🏾 also, Snapchat is still working for me?
Just read that we both doing that computer science project and you look so far ahead compared to me and I'm barely taking computing seriously cause my teachers just suck :mmm::mmm:

Good luck on your studies! Interesting to see someone whos doing the same subjects as me. Maybe its time to start taking computing seriously lol
Original post by Michiyo

MICHIYO!!! I’ve heard good things about you (cough cough Aryan and Lemur cough cough)
Original post by AryanGh
omg it wasn't just me that snapchat was down for!!1

i was on the verge of ptsd i saw the hourglass

It's still down. I'm losing the will! :cry:
Gotta send my streaks out :eek4:

Original post by Lemur14
Those posters look amazing! And you've been soo productive! I'm really jealous...I've just procrastinated most the evening away :frown:

Thank you so much! They're a few weeks work not gonna lie.
Also I really think my GYG somehow makes me look 10x more productive than I actually am :laugh:

Original post by ithinkitslily
omg i started stranger things 2 the other day and it's literally such a struggle not to just watch them all ...

wow your poster looks so nice n colourful!! i hope all your mocks go well - all they your final, proper mocks ?? we have ours in december :redface:

I'm going to try and stick to just one episode a day! :giggle:
Thank youuu! Luckily this is just an end of topic test in exam conditions. My actual mocks are January time I think! :cute:

Thank you so much! They're a few weeks work not gonna lie.
Also I really think my GYG somehow makes me look 10x more productive than I actually am :laugh:

You're welcome!
My GYG always makes me feel really unproductive...I can walk out of a free feeling really productive and then I go to write it up and it never seems like much :frown: Yours definitely makes you seem productive though!
Original post by zq01
Starting Stranger Things 2 was definitely a bad move, I ended up watching the whole thing in 1 day when I desperately needed to do homework😅 Can I just say you are probably the best person on TSR in terms of your GYG; literally the only person to update it everyday, so props to you for that👍🏾 also, Snapchat is still working for me?

Whole thing in a day, what the heck?! It starts to get heavy for me after two episodes, I'd have a headache if I watched them all!
And aw thank you, that means a lot :cute:
You lucky thing! My snapchat has been down for well over an hour now :cry:

Original post by Aceofall
Just read that we both doing that computer science project and you look so far ahead compared to me and I'm barely taking computing seriously cause my teachers just suck :mmm::mmm:

Good luck on your studies! Interesting to see someone whos doing the same subjects as me. Maybe its time to start taking computing seriously lol

Don't think I've found anyone else in my year doing Computer Science! What exam board are you on? :h:
My teachers aren't the best either but I'm trying to keep working because I really want the grade.
Taking it seriously can't do you any harm though, I must say :laugh:
Original post by Lemur14
You're welcome!
My GYG always makes me feel really unproductive...I can walk out of a free feeling really productive and then I go to write it up and it never seems like much :frown: Yours definitely makes you seem productive though!

I feel like writing a GYG is such a big motivation for me, since what more can make me want to do work than knowing I have to write about it at the end of the day?! (that's why I'm updating daily :laugh:)

And honestly in half my frees I just walk to costa or go online shopping so I wouldn't worry too much, I think your GYG makes you seem awfully productive :cute:
I feel like writing a GYG is such a big motivation for me, since what more can make me want to do work than knowing I have to write about it at the end of the day?! (that's why I'm updating daily :laugh:)

And honestly in half my frees I just walk to costa or go online shopping so I wouldn't worry too much, I think your GYG makes you seem awfully productive :cute:

I should really think of it like that :lol: I need an aim for my GYG...I just sort of update it mostly daily with my lessons...I guess it's more like a public diary?
My frees are actually productive (probably because I only have 4 a week)...it's after school that's the problem!
Original post by Lemur14
I should really think of it like that :lol: I need an aim for my GYG...I just sort of update it mostly daily with my lessons...I guess it's more like a public diary?
My frees are actually productive (probably because I only have 4 a week)...it's after school that's the problem!

Ah I have like 10 a week so I can almost afford to be lazy. I sleep in a lot of them too like today when I had a double free in the morning! :teehee:

But yeah that's always a good way to think about it, that's also why my posts are so damn waffley (I actually have no clue if that's a word.)
Ah I have like 10 a week so I can almost afford to be lazy. I sleep in a lot of them too like today when I had a double free in the morning! :teehee:

But yeah that's always a good way to think about it, that's also why my posts are so damn waffley (I actually have no clue if that's a word.)

10 a week? I'm actually really jealous! (Although no one has 10 every week at my college, if you're only doing 3 subjects and they're not certain subjects then you can have 10 every other week and 9 on the other)
If it's not a word then it should be! My posts are ridiculously waffley :lol: I don't find yours waffley though so maybe that's just me!
You don't need snapchat when you have :tsr:

:biggrin:
Original post by 04MR17
You don't need snapchat when you have :tsr:

:biggrin:

Wasn't about to lose my streaks though was I? :laugh:
Wasn't about to lose my streaks though was I? :laugh:
Your streaks?:dontknow:
Original post by 04MR17
Your streaks?:dontknow:

Please tell me you know what a streak is?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending