The Student Room Group

got permanent glasses marks on my nose...

anyone else got this problem?
i haven't worn my glasses in about 3 weeks. i have a permanent red mark across my nose where they usually sit. could it be scarring? i had the marks before but they went away after 3 months of not wearing my glasses over the summer hols.
should i just speak to a dermatologist instead of asking TSR? probably. but i'm gonna ask here anyway.

thanks a bunch lads
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you should talk to your dermatologist. Glasses should not leave acne marks if they are clean. Maybe it is sort of allergy to your own sweat, in that case anti-histamine should help. Still, the best thing to do is to ask your dermatologist.
Reply 2
Speaking as a sufferer of chronic acne since age 14, what you describe is most likely residual hyperpigmentation—and yes, it really does take months to fade.
(edited 4 years ago)
i used to have it too but thats because my glasses had those rubber pads so i changed my glasses to the plastic ones and now i have no more red marks! but i agree my glasses still are giving me alot of acne around my eyebrows/ nose bridge area and its really annoying :frown: :cry2::cry::cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending