The Student Room Group

Why do some guys do this?

Why do some guys excessively show off and talk about all the things they want to achieve, and try to paint themselves as a bad boy?

Are they trying to protect themselves? If a guy brags like this in front of a girl is he trying to get with her?

Scroll to see replies

Sometimes I think its kinda nice for someone to talk about what they want to achieve, but if its a very long one-sided conversation it does get pretty boring.

Maybe they just want someone who will listen...
Original post by NextDoctor2017
f u c k youuuuuu

Awh, how sweet :3
Reply 3
Original post by JaffaNeko
Sometimes I think its kinda nice for someone to talk about what they want to achieve, but if its a very long one-sided conversation it does get pretty boring.

Maybe they just want someone who will listen...

but do you think that it's a front if a guy makes himself out to be some kind of self-centred bad guy
Original post by Anonymous
but do you think that it's a front if a guy makes himself out to be some kind of self-centred bad guy

hmm, 50/50 really. May be helpful to him if he does, like a sort of confidence builder, unless he genuinely a bad person.
Reply 5
maybe he just thinks girls are into "badboys"
Reply 6
Original post by Zaynnn
maybe he just thinks girls are into "badboys"

Which would imply he's trying to impress the girl?
Why do some guys excessively show off and talk about all the things they want to achieve, and try to paint themselves as a bad boy?

Are they trying to protect themselves? If a guy brags like this in front of a girl is he trying to get with her?

cus attention
Reply 8
Original post by will'o'wisp2
cus attention

What do you mean
First of all, it's not just guys.
What do you mean

attention, they want attention, that's why
Original post by mnmt
First of all, it's not just guys.

gj reading the title bud
ladies you have to remember the boys (lol) are lacking maturity plus they have carry this large thing called an ego, on top of that, its their job to impress you lovely ladies with whatever ramblings or B/S that pops into head .
Reply 12
Because girls don't like pussys and we sure as hell dont want to be branded a puffter by our other guy friends...
Original post by xterrykx
ladies you have to remember the boys (lol) are lacking maturity plus they have carry this large thing called an ego, on top of that, its their job to impress you lovely ladies with whatever ramblings or B/S that pops into head .

ahh it all makes sense now
I am badboy for sure. Badboy only matters though if you are also confident otherwise you don't get the cool factor. Maybe they are insecure men or something? Tough to say.
Original post by RockyDennis
I am badboy for sure. Badboy only matters though if you are also confident otherwise you don't get the cool factor. Maybe they are insecure men or something? Tough to say.

What, you think your bad boy image comes from insecurity?
I am badboy for sure

Lmao prove it little boy

Nah I meant maybe people who brag about things like breaking the law to women. Or fighting. Men often brag about fighting.

Original post by Salt Queen
Lmao prove it little boy

I meant because of life values. I value practically nothing in life apart from partying, women and aesthetics. My entire life is just lifting weights, drinking and partying, and pulling 19 year olds.

Nah I meant maybe people who brag about things like breaking the law to women. Or fighting. Men often brag about fighting.

Original post by Salt Queen
Lmao prove it little boy

I meant because of life values. I value practically nothing in life apart from partying, women and aesthetics. My entire life is just lifting weights, drinking and partying, and pulling 19 year olds.

Unfortunately I suffer from inhibition though. If I had less inhibition and more confidence (instead of fairweather mega highs and mega lows) I would be exactly like Zyzz.

Unfortunately I suffer from inhibition though. If I had less inhibition and more confidence (instead of fairweather mega highs and mega lows) I would be exactly like Zyzz.

I almost took you seriously then you mentioned zyzz 😑

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending