The Student Room Group

Nottingham vs Leed for Electronic Engineering

Hello!

I am currently an undergrad student in my last year of study looking for a masters programme in 2018-2019 in the UK. I am studying Electronic Engineering.
I have pretty much narrowed it down to University of Leeds and University of Nottingham. Because my SO lives in UK I got to visit Bham pretty often and I can t say I was very impressed with Leeds in regards to Bham as a city. Regardless of that, any advice if I should choose either Nottingham or Leeds? I am considering cost of living (Numbeo checked already), quality of courses and how equipped are the laboratories, cultural variety of the city and any other quirks you might suggest from experience. I am also worried that the fees are different (7k Nottingham vs 10k Leeds) and entry requirements as well (2:2 N vs 2:1 L, i am expected to get at least a 2:1 on my Bachelors).

TL;DR University of Leeds or University of Nottingham for Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Original post by icamaster
Hello!

I am currently an undergrad student in my last year of study looking for a masters programme in 2018-2019 in the UK. I am studying Electronic Engineering.
I have pretty much narrowed it down to University of Leeds and University of Nottingham. Because my SO lives in UK I got to visit Bham pretty often and I can t say I was very impressed with Leeds in regards to Bham as a city. Regardless of that, any advice if I should choose either Nottingham or Leeds? I am considering cost of living (Numbeo checked already), quality of courses and how equipped are the laboratories, cultural variety of the city and any other quirks you might suggest from experience. I am also worried that the fees are different (7k Nottingham vs 10k Leeds) and entry requirements as well (2:2 N vs 2:1 L, i am expected to get at least a 2:1 on my Bachelors).

TL;DR University of Leeds or University of Nottingham for Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

Well put it this way, you won't be in a bad position at all with either of those choices.

That being said I would go with the one that's financially feasible, so Nottingham.
Original post by icamaster
Hello!

Hi ! Am an international student with straight A's n looking advice for best unis for Electronics Engineering in UK. Can u pls tell me re best course, best industry linkages. Thanks. I am v confused.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending