The Student Room Group

Help on a levels for physiotherapy

I can’t decode on my third a-level.
I want to do spanish, biology and LSA (leadership, sport and adventure) as an extra because I think it will benefit my university application to go into physiotherapy.
I’m not clever enough to do chemistry and not sporty enough to do P.E.
I’m considering doing army physiotherapy
I don’t really enjoy any other subjects // HELP!!
Maths? A humanity? What does the sixth form/college you'll apply to offer?
Original post by MisledGoddess
Maths? A humanity? What does the sixth form/college you'll apply to offer?

I do GCSE geography and R.S but really hate both!! So maybe not a humanity... I’ve considered maths and like to think I’m pretty good at it so it is a possibility but have shyed away a bit because I’ve been told it’s so difficult
Original post by Paigesmith578
I do GCSE geography and R.S but really hate both!! So maybe not a humanity... I’ve considered maths and like to think I’m pretty good at it so it is a possibility but have shyed away a bit because I’ve been told it’s so difficult

Difficulty is subjective. It might be worth finding out more about A-Level maths, though. Have you been to an open evening, yet? You'd be able to find out more about the courses your sixth form/college offers.

On a side note, have you checked the UCAS requirements for your desired uni course?

Hope this helps x
Difficulty is subjective. It might be worth finding out more about A-Level maths, though. Have you been to an open evening, yet? You'd be able to find out more about the courses your sixth form/college offers.

On a side note, have you checked the UCAS requirements for your desired uni course?

Hope this helps x

I have and they all just need biology which doesn’t help much on my choice!! The school I’m at now doesn’t do psychology but I’d quite like to do that but I don’t think I’d be brave enough to move school
You could try something like Health and Social Care? :smile:
I have and they all just need biology which doesn’t help much on my choice!! The school I’m at now doesn’t do psychology but I’d quite like to do that but I don’t think I’d be brave enough to move school

At the end of the day, many others would be moving to different colleges/sixth forms so you wouldn't be alone. But I completely understand if the move is just completely out of question. Does your school offer any alternatives such as sociology or media? And would you be interested in them if they were available?
Original post by Changing Skies
You could try something like Health and Social Care? :smile:

Unfortunately my school doesn’t offer a wide variety of a levels it’s basically all the core, normal ones so that isn’t offered.
It makes me think I should be looking at other schools but am not sure if I am brave enough to move...
Unfortunately my school doesn’t offer a wide variety of a levels it’s basically all the core, normal ones so that isn’t offered.
It makes me think I should be looking at other schools but am not sure if I am brave enough to move...

Oh what a shame! You need to do what's going to make you happiest, so you need to weigh up whether it's worth being able to study a subject you'd prefer but at a different college. If you think you'd be unhappy somewhere new then maybe it would be best just sticking with your current school and what it has to offer. But then you need to make sure you're going to be happy enough studying a subject they teach! Do you not enjoy English (Lang or Lit)? :smile:
Original post by Changing Skies
Oh what a shame! You need to do what's going to make you happiest, so you need to weigh up whether it's worth being able to study a subject you'd prefer but at a different college. If you think you'd be unhappy somewhere new then maybe it would be best just sticking with your current school and what it has to offer. But then you need to make sure you're going to be happy enough studying a subject they teach! Do you not enjoy English (Lang or Lit)? :smile:

English language perhaps. I think I need to have a good think about other schools. I’m not sure if college life would suit me?
At the end of the day, many others would be moving to different colleges/sixth forms so you wouldn't be alone. But I completely understand if the move is just completely out of question. Does your school offer any alternatives such as sociology or media? And would you be interested in them if they were available?

I would definitely be open to them but my school doesn’t have them. I currently have to go to school on Saturdays but then get longer holidays, as do my sisters so by moving to a new school it may mess up family holidays. My parents are willing to look at other schools but I’ve got all those nerves about not making friends!!

Quick Reply

Latest