The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Sept 2018 intake

Hi, i have currently applied for Adult nursing at Manchester Met, University of Manchester and Salford for September 2018! Just waiting on an interview from UoM, anybody else applied to these unis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annawallace22
Hi, i have currently applied for Adult nursing at Manchester Met, University of Manchester and Salford for September 2018! Just waiting on an interview from UoM, anybody else applied to these unis?

I applied for Manchester Met but was rejected after the interview. I got feedback saying "-You failed to give insight in nursing"

I have an interview for the University of Manchester tomorrow (4/Dec/17). It is a MMI so, I am freaking out because I don't know what to except.

I have had all my other interviews too.

University of Liverpool - Rejected
University of Leeds - Accepted
University of Salford - Accepted

What about you, any other interviews? Have you got any places?
I have applied for September 2018 entry for Adult Nursing. I am currently completing my final year of my Psychology degree.

Here are my applications:

Offers:

University of Leeds - Conditional on passing my degree (40%)
University of Manchester - Conditional on passing my degree with a 2.ii (50%)

Pending:

University of York - Still waiting to hear from them. No interview received as of yet.

Rejections:

University of Liverpool - Before interview - Lack of insight into nursing in personal statement.

Withdrawn:

King's College London - Received an interview but realised I didn't want to live in London.
Hey, I've applied for nursing at University of Liverpool, University of Birmingham, University of Glasgow, King's College London and Queen Margaret's in Edinburgh.

PENDING - University of Liverpool, University of Birmingham and Queen Margaret

INTERVIEW - King's College London
REJECTION - University of Glasgow Has anyone heard from these university, only sent in my application on the 7th of December but kinda worried. Does Liverpool take a while to get back to you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by rowns-reign1999
Hey, I've applied for nursing at University of Liverpool, University of Birmingham, University of Glasgow, King's College London and Queen Margaret's in Edinburgh.

PENDING - University of Liverpool, University of Birmingham and Queen Margaret

INTERVIEW - King's College London
REJECTION - University of Glasgow Has anyone heard from these university, only sent in my application on the 7th of December but kinda worried. Does Liverpool take a while to get back to you.

Liverpool took about 2-3 weeks to get back to me. Don't worry, I'm sure they will get back to you soon. Just remember, with Nursing applications, no news is good news :smile:
Reply 5
Hey I applied queen Margaret and got an interview February will let u know how it goes and good luck x

Adult nursing (undergraduate) I've applied to sheffield hallam, Leeds Beckett and huddersfield.

Got an interview with Leeds in Feb! anyone got any tips? or know what the numeracy and literacy tests are like?
Original post by AquaCharms
I applied for Manchester Met but was rejected after the interview. I got feedback saying "-You failed to give insight in nursing"

I have an interview for the University of Manchester tomorrow (4/Dec/17). It is a MMI so, I am freaking out because I don't know what to except.

I have had all my other interviews too.

University of Liverpool - Rejected
University of Leeds - Accepted
University of Salford - Accepted

What about you, any other interviews? Have you got any places?

Hi I’ve got a place for the university of Leeds too for adult nursing should I make a group chat? :smile: x
Original post by clomariie
Adult nursing (undergraduate) I've applied to sheffield hallam, Leeds Beckett and huddersfield.

Got an interview with Leeds in Feb! anyone got any tips? or know what the numeracy and literacy tests are like?

Hi I have a place for adult nursing at Leeds they don’t have an English test but the maths test is okay it’s basic maths and conversions. In the group interview try and mention the 6C’s where possible and show your committed to nursing. X
Hi there,
I only applied to glasgow caledonian, early december I received an email asking for more insight in nursing...I know they don't do interviews, so I'm not sure if they want me to write a paragraph, anyone gotten such email before?
Original post by zoiba1710
Hi I’ve got a place for the university of Leeds too for adult nursing should I make a group chat? :smile: x

Yes please! It would be nice :smile:
Original post by sean170296
Liverpool took about 2-3 weeks to get back to me. Don't worry, I'm sure they will get back to you soon. Just remember, with Nursing applications, no news is good news :smile:

Thanks and good luck
Original post by zoiba1710
Hi I have a place for adult nursing at Leeds they don’t have an English test but the maths test is okay it’s basic maths and conversions. In the group interview try and mention the 6C’s where possible and show your committed to nursing. X

what did they ask you in the one to one interview?
Original post by clomariie
what did they ask you in the one to one interview?

Leeds don't have a one-to-one interview... Its just a maths test and then a group interview speaking to about 4 different staff, nurses from practice, and service users.
Ive applied to bolton, uclan, Manchester and Salford not heard anything back yet but ive only just applied.
How long did leeds take to send you an interview through they have had my application for 3/4 weeks and haven’t heard back from them yet😩
Original post by Irene123
Hey I applied queen Margaret and got an interview February will let u know how it goes and good luck x

Same I got an interview in February for QMU good luck
Reply 17

Hi there,
I applied to do Adult Nursing also;
Salford University-Accepted.
University of Manchester- Withdrew
Manchester metropolitan- Rejected.
Huddersfield University- Withdrew.
I have firmed Salford and will be going for applicant day on 24th feb. Anyone else going???
Original post by ZKarim
Hi there,
I applied to do Adult Nursing also;
Salford University-Accepted.
University of Manchester- Withdrew
Manchester metropolitan- Rejected.
Huddersfield University- Withdrew.
I have firmed Salford and will be going for applicant day on 24th feb. Anyone else going???

When was your interview for salford uni?
Reply 19
Original post by Oliviakelly20
When was your interview for salford uni?

My interview was pretty quick. It was on 30th November.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending