The Student Room Group

Geography Mocks HELP!!!

I'm doing the 9-1 Edexcel Geography B Paper 2 (UK Geographical Issues) . I've read through my exercise book and the revision guide, but I feel like if the questions are in front of me, I have NO idea what to do? Any help out there? Anything's appreciated
1. Ask your teacher for advice on answering exam questions. They'll be the expert here!

2. EDEXCEL WEBSITE - look at the specimen papers and mark schemes and suss out how they're asking you to answer the question. Finding a list of command words on the exam board's website may be useful (AQA does their's so I'm assuming Edexcel are the same :colondollar:)

3. Look at previous mocks and find out where you went wrong.

Hope this helps!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MisledGoddess
1. Ask your teacher for advice on answering exam questions. They'll be the expert here!

2. EDEXCEL WEBSITE - look at the specimen papers and mark schemes and suss out how they're asking you to answer the question. Finding a list of command words on the exam board's website may be useful (AQA does there's so I'm assuming Edexcel are the same :colondollar:)

3. Look at previous mocks and find out where you went wrong.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!! :biggrin:
whens your exam?
Original post by sxhxl
whens your exam?

I did it today, and it was actually ok tbh :biggrin:
Was the mock sourced by edexcel? Or did your school make it?
Original post by KawaiiCupcake
I did it today, and it was actually ok tbh :biggrin:
What was in the paper?? can you please tell me what area I should focus on? Would be so helpful!
Original post by sxhxl
What was in the paper?? can you please tell me what area I should focus on? Would be so helpful!

You kinda have to revise everything.

Section A: Geographical Issues: You basically just need to go over all of the landforms,

Section B: "People" Issues: My school does London as the case study: Just a few questions about sustainability, and interdependence of urban and rural areas etc. The 8 marker gave us a table on the house prices et. of rural and urban areas, and asked to esplain whhy these differences exist

Section C: Rivers: my school doesn't do this section as the case study one but if your school is the same, just go over the way things are formed (MEANDERS) and stuff, yh, and storm hydrographs - why do antecedent conditions matter for the peak discharge?

Section D: Coasts: my school did a Walton on the Naze field trip and investigation, and I mainly revised the figures from that, but there was only a 2 mark and a 4 mark on that, it was no big deal. The main questions were on coastal processes - so just go over how things are formed and the effects they have etc., and there was this draw and annotate a coastal management technique question, it was like 4 marks. Also, an evaluate question on picking a good site for an investigation into the effects of coastal management was the 8 marker for that.

Hope this helps!
PS When's your exam? If you need more help I'll be happy to :biggrin:
Original post by KawaiiCupcake
You kinda have to revise everything.

Section A: Geographical Issues: You basically just need to go over all of the landforms,

Section B: "People" Issues: My school does London as the case study: Just a few questions about sustainability, and interdependence of urban and rural areas etc. The 8 marker gave us a table on the house prices et. of rural and urban areas, and asked to esplain whhy these differences exist

Section C: Rivers: my school doesn't do this section as the case study one but if your school is the same, just go over the way things are formed (MEANDERS) and stuff, yh, and storm hydrographs - why do antecedent conditions matter for the peak discharge?

Section D: Coasts: my school did a Walton on the Naze field trip and investigation, and I mainly revised the figures from that, but there was only a 2 mark and a 4 mark on that, it was no big deal. The main questions were on coastal processes - so just go over how things are formed and the effects they have etc., and there was this draw and annotate a coastal management technique question, it was like 4 marks. Also, an evaluate question on picking a good site for an investigation into the effects of coastal management was the 8 marker for that.

Hope this helps!
PS When's your exam? If you need more help I'll be happy to :biggrin:

Are you doing two exams on geography or just one? How were they?
Original post by bangtanstudying
Are you doing two exams on geography or just one? How were they?

I only did Paper 2, because our Year 10 mock was Paper 1, but we haven't learnt Paper 3 yet. It went ok, I'm just not too sure about my long answer questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending