The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissCheri
Hi

Has anyone done the Kennedys video interview yet? It only lasts 15mins so not sure what type of questions to expect? I have never done this before! Help will be appreciated! :smile:

Thanks

Hello! I did and they asked me:

Why kennedys?

A recent case I found interesting and why?

and then asked why me for the training contract

Hope that helps :smile: xxx
Reply 2
Thank you! :smile:

QUOTE=sarahelizabeth37;75519320]Hello! I did and they asked me:

Why kennedys?

A recent case I found interesting and why?

and then asked why me for the training contract

Hope that helps :smile: xxx
Has anyone heard back since the video interview? I'm still anxiously waiting!
I heard back yesterday but at 5pm - when did you do your video interview? good luck!!! xx
Original post by sarahelizabeth37
I heard back yesterday but at 5pm - when did you do your video interview? good luck!!! xx

Oh that's great! I think I submitted mine on the Sunday before it was due, you? :smile:
Same! i think youll hear back today! XXX
Reply 7
Original post by sarahelizabeth37
Same! i think youll hear back today! XXX

Well done! I heard back with an invitation to complete their critical thinking test! So currently panicking haha good luck to you all! Xx
hahaha thats what i've got and to do it by sunday is going to be a *****! got two exams on thursday as well haha xx
Reply 9
Thank you all for your helpful comments. May I kindly ask whether all of you had the same questions in the video interview? i.e.,
1. Why Kennedys?
2. Interesting case and why?
3. Why you for a training contract?

x
Reply 10
Anyone done the CT test how did you find it? Not sure what to make of it! Are we supposed to receive an email to confirm that you submitted the test because I haven't :s-smilie: x
Does anyone here know whether Kennedys send an email / notification to let their candidates know if they failed one of the stages? x
Reply 12
Original post by Bimsee85
Does anyone here know whether Kennedys send an email / notification to let their candidates know if they failed one of the stages? x

Possibly worth dropping them an email about it. Have you recently done the CT test?
Original post by MissCheri
Possibly worth dropping them an email about it. Have you recently done the CT test?

Thank you MissCheri. I enquire on behalf of one of my students who completed his video interview on the 18th of January (he was granted an extension on medical grounds). Since then, however, he had no further correspondance or updates from Kennedys. By the looks of it, the situation is not very promising. As such, the real question is: do they leave their candidates hanging or do they inform them in the event that they were unsuccessful.
Reply 14
What do you mean by a recent case?
Reply 15
Anyone had the assessment day? How did you find it ?
Anyone had a Kennedys VI recently? Were the questions similar to last year?

Thanks!
Original post by law20502

Thanks!

Although we can't share specific questions, we can definitely help give you an idea of what to expect! :smile:

Most companies will ask you competency based questions (i.e. how you do something) with a much smaller number asking strengths-based questions (i.e. what engages and interests you). These approaches are very different, so be sure to clarify which one will be used for your interview. Whichever type of questions they asked, the hiring company will be looking to establish whether you can do the job to the required standard while fitting into the existing culture.

Most will be open questions. They usually consist of one part but some may digress to find out a little bit more about you. Nearly all the interview questions will be very straightforward, with no trick questions. Don’t be surprised if you are initially asked an icebreaker question. This is intended to ease you into the process and make you feel more comfortable.

If you want to familiarise yourself with the process, you can trial one question at https://shortlist.me/ After the free question you would need to upgrade to continue, but it might help you understand how it works at least

Hope this helps and good luck! If you have any more questions just shout.

................................ ................................ ................................ .
Shortlist.Me is a platform where you can prepare, practice and improve your interview skills to get ahead of your competition. We’re interviewing experts and here to help you, so ask away!
Original post by law20502

Thanks!

did you have yours?
(Original post by uK123456)I had 1- why kennedys 2- why do you want to be a commercial lawyer 3- what makes you stand outAlthough I know someone who had a different set of questions.

Do you know the other questions they had? Thanks in advance.

Latest

Trending

Trending