The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Nutrition and Medical Science Bsc

Heyy, is anyone doing this course right now ? This is a new course in UCL and I havent read many reviews about it. I am reconsidering my choices as I dont really like one of them and this course in UCL sounds amazing. i have already looked throught the modules but would love to see a review from somebody doing it

Scroll to see replies

Hey!
I am currently studying this course, and even though we just started, the course has been great. The majority of lectures are actually online lectures in a more interactive format with quizzes throughout to test your knowledge. I actually prefer this type of innovative learning, as it is actually really effective! Of course there are still face-to-face tutorials as well.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by kris.fong
Hey!
I am currently studying this course, and even though we just started, the course has been great. The majority of lectures are actually online lectures in a more interactive format with quizzes throughout to test your knowledge. I actually prefer this type of innovative learning, as it is actually really effective! Of course there are still face-to-face tutorials as well.

Wow, it sounds amazing. Are the staffs there willing and good at explaining thing ? And do you need an interview ???
Reply 3
Hi!Just want to ask if this course is really competitive since they only take 20 students this year.
Original post by zoenguyen
Heyy, is anyone doing this course right now ? This is a new course in UCL and I havent read many reviews about it. I am reconsidering my choices as I dont really like one of them and this course in UCL sounds amazing. i have already looked throught the modules but would love to see a review from somebody doing it

Moved to University College, London
Hey I just got an offer for this course and I'm going to firm it! Anyone out there who will be studying this course in the coming September too? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by forevajellie
Hey I just got an offer for this course and I'm going to firm it! Anyone out there who will be studying this course in the coming September too? :smile:

Yeah i am thinking about firming it too
Yeah i am thinking about firming it too

I just firmed it yesterday, so excited now :biggrin:
Reply 8
I just firmed it yesterday, so excited now :biggrin:
ah that is awesome. I still think about Surrey or UCL. What is your insurance choice if you dont mind me asking ?
(edited 6 years ago)
ah that is awesome. I still think about Surrey or UCL. What is your insurance choice if you dont mind me asking ?

KCL nutrition :smile:
Reply 10
KCL nutrition :smile:

Wow that’s great. I got an offer from KCL too. Have you visitd both unis ?
Wow that’s great. I got an offer from KCL too. Have you visited both unis ?
nope unfortunately I'm an international student from Malaysia so I won't be visiting them before I start studying there :/ I've had a hard time deciding between two of them though, since the kcl course is accredited and offers an optional placement year but i really like the second and third year modules of ucl that focuses a lot on malnutrition and public health. I had an offer from Surrey too and they have an amazing course but I've always wanted to go to London so I narrowed my choices to ucl and kcl :smile:
Reply 12
nope unfortunately I'm an international student from Malaysia so I won't be visiting them before I start studying there :/ I've had a hard time deciding between two of them though, since the kcl course is accredited and offers an optional placement year but i really like the second and third year modules of ucl that focuses a lot on malnutrition and public health. I had an offer from Surrey too and they have an amazing course but I've always wanted to go to London so I narrowed my choices to ucl and kcl :smile:

I am an international student too, Im from Vietnam. The placement year is why I still consider UCL since like you said, the modules are great. Guess I’ll visit some others before firming then.

Hey I'm thinking of applying for this course and other related courses like nutrition at KCL and so want some advice on gaining a successful application as you were accepted. What was your personal statement like? Do you do any extra curricular activities that could have possibly increased your chance of acceptance? What are your previous grades and predictions?? This will be very helpful as I don't know anyone else that has applied for this course :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Malika Khalid
Hey I'm thinking of applying for this course and other related courses like nutrition at KCL and so want some advice on gaining a successful application as you were accepted. What was your personal statement like? Do you do any extra curricular activities that could have possibly increased your chance of acceptance? What are your previous grades and predictions?? This will be very helpful as I don't know anyone else that has applied for this course :smile:

Hey I have just seen your questions, sorry. My personal statement was quite simple tho. For extra curricular, I did go to a hospital to observe and work at the Nutrition department. Beside that, I did join some clubs and tester days. I got 3A in As and was predicted 3A. I am not sure if it increase my chance of acceptance or anything but yeah, hope this help.
hey, i’m staying along gower street. First year is mostly at Royal free but in the second year it’s a good mixture of both the main campus and royal free! Right now I spend about £20 a week if I have classes everyday. Tbh, the way most of the modules that were taught in the first year is pretty *****y - but keep in mind they are mostly Applied Medical Sciences (AMS) modules (we take the same modules as them except one). There have been numerous complains about the workload and all. But don’t worry, as the last module will be from NAMS (nutrition and medical sciences) and it has been enjoyable so far.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by blondedog09
hey, i’m staying along gower street. First year is mostly at Royal free but in the second year it’s a good mixture of both the main campus and royal free! Right now I spend about £20 a week if I have classes everyday. Tbh, the way most of the modules that were taught in the first year is pretty *****y - but keep in mind they are mostly Applied Medical Sciences (AMS) modules (we take the same modules as them except one). There have been numerous complains about the workload and all. But don’t worry, as the last module will be from NAMS (nutrition and medical sciences) and it has been enjoyable so far.

How was your first year’s Time table like?
Did you had to go 5 days in a week and were the hours 9 to 5?
Secondly, whats ones career’s options? Can you become a dietitian on completion of this degree?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by kris.fong
Hey!

Whats the time table like?
Do you have to go 5 days in a week and have full days at Uni? Does attendance matter?
Reply 18
For our first year, the timetable varied from week to week. But on average, we only had about 2-3 hours a day. Some days maybe just an hour, and once in awhile, maybe 6 hours on a day where we might have projects or talks to attend. Wednesdays are usually the off days.Attendance does matter, you need a 70% attendance record in order to sit for your exams if not mistaken and this applies across all UCL courses.
Reply 19
Thank you for the info. I’m thinking of starting this year but the problem is i’ll have to take an early leave by the 20th of Novemberr and be back after the Christmas holidays. Is that going to be okay? I hope the uni wont have any issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending