The Student Room Group

My mate has got into trouble on several occasions with the uni

The university i am at at the moment advise us to check our emails at least once everyday.
My mate who has not checked his email in weeks and has got into a fair bit of trouble with the university as he has been pulled up on this on several occasions. Does this happen at most unis or not as he seems to think they are being very assertive on the issue.
Original post by leechapman
The university i am at at the moment advise us to check our emails at least once everyday.
My mate who has not checked his email in weeks and has got into a fair bit of trouble with the university as he has been pulled up on this on several occasions. Does this happen at most unis or not as he seems to think they are being very assertive on the issue.

I think they are being quite assertive, it's not something that I've experienced at university.
i think if hes missing important notices then he should really be checking them. Why does he refuse to check them. If a lecture is trying to get into contact with him for whatever reason i dont blame the uni
Reply 3
He has probably missed important meetings with his staff or exam dates because he has not checked his emails. I dont really believe the university is going over the top with the way they are handling this situation
Original post by leechapman

At my uni, we were told we must check our uni email account at least twice a week. I don't know what the particular consequences would be if we didn't check them regularly, but one obvious one would be that we miss announcements about deadlines, lecture room or time changes etc. I don't whether they were so adamant because I'm a postgrad, or whether they have the same rules for undergrads too.

Quick Reply

Latest