The Student Room Group

Will a uni change your initial offer for lower grades

I've applied to Newcastle University for BA Geography and have a conditional offer of ABB, im studying Geography, English Lit and Art currently and got A*BD in my mocks respectively.

Is there a chance that Newcastle would still be willing to take me if I got A*AC or just generally got a grade lower in Art. I've really struggled with art over the past two years and its becoming more and more difficult to pick my grade up.

thanks for any advice
Original post by bekahh_
I've applied to Newcastle University for BA Geography and have a conditional offer of ABB, im studying Geography, English Lit and Art currently and got A*BD in my mocks respectively.

Is there a chance that Newcastle would still be willing to take me if I got A*AC or just generally got a grade lower in Art. I've really struggled with art over the past two years and its becoming more and more difficult to pick my grade up.

thanks for any advice

They may be depending on a number of factors such as space. Work hard, wait for your results and then ring them on results day if you miss your offer.
Original post by bekahh_

thanks for any advice

As above. Every year, thousands of applicants get into their firm choices despite missing their offer by a grade or two. However, it's a numbers game. First the uni accepts those who met their offer, then if there are still vacancies, at the near misses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending