The Student Room Group

He used the n word

Scroll to see replies

I have every right to discuss racial slurs since im from the demographic that uses it?!?! don't left wingers want us to come to an agreement, or do you just want to bicker futile things to each other??

jesus Im going to bed
Original post by Bang Outta Order
lol what do you mean what am I talking about, can you read? Oh **** sake with that microaggression bull ****. How is not wanting to sit next to you on the tube as bad as forcibly removing you from Africa or police killing you? :lol: crazy...crying about microaggression is just as bad as crying if someone doesn't wanna play with you on the swings.

If you're not black why are talking? So by your logic somebody can't be upset about having their family murdered because the holocaust happened. Ridiculous mentality.
I bet you were like......

Attachment not found
Original post by Appazap
If you're not black why are talking? So by your logic somebody can't be upset about having their family murdered because the holocaust happened. Ridiculous mentality.

lmao excuse me wow youre so ****ing racist eh

like I said in my last post, I'm from the demographic that uses the word so surely you should want to get through to me? Pfft. Night. Dont let the bed bugs bite.

Im sorry Im being so rude but you got me angry.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone

I just don’t know how to feel. I’m black and he’s white. We went to watch the black panther movie since it came out today.
He told me he watched the trailer and thought it was like an avatar n**** movie.

I was absolutely speechless and just laughed it off but now I can’t stop thinking about it.
What should I do

Hey, I completely understand how you feel not knowing how to gauge if you should be upset or let the situation slide. Perhaps bring it up with him and see if it is due to his ignorance that he could not see how that was an inappropriate thing to say. By his reaction to this, you can gauge whether you should continue being close friends with this person. IF he can't see how you can be offended by this, even after an explanation, it would be obvious what your next step should be.

Also, do remember that words of others don't define you, they will be many people that try to insult you and unfortunately this is just the nature of this world.

Goodluck OP !
Reply 25
lol what do you mean what am I talking about, can you read? Oh **** sake with that microaggression bull ****. How is not wanting to sit next to you on the tube as bad as forcibly removing you from Africa or police killing you? :lol: crazy...crying about microaggression is just as bad as crying if someone doesn't wanna play with you on the swings.

Bloody hell. You’re a real piece of work, aren’t you?
lmao excuse me wow youre so ****ing racist eh

like I said in my last post, I'm from the demographic that uses the word so surely you should want to get through to me? Pfft. Night. Dont let the bed bugs bite.

Im sorry Im being so rude but you got me angry.

So then whats your argument? I said white people shouldn't say the n word and are u agreeing or disagreeing with that?
also why are you anon? no one cares about your username.

Ok you know what Im going on an anon boycott @It's****ingWOODY @euphrosyne

Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Anti-anon crew checking in.

I just don't see the logic in using a forum anonymously, and using anon for total non-sensitive issues like this. It's like people have some sort of online reputation to protect or some s*** :rofl:

I can't take this anon business seriously. What are we going to do, virtually run around on the Internet and name and shame them? It wouldn't get anywhere. Nobody cares!

Embrace who you are and all your problems! :whip2:
Original post by anonymous
hi everyone

i just don’t know how to feel. I’m black and he’s white. We went to watch the black panther movie since it came out today.
He told me he watched the trailer and thought it was like an avatar n**** movie.

I was absolutely speechless and just laughed it off but now i can’t stop thinking about it.
What should i do

drop ya mans
Why can black people only say that word and white/asian people cant? isn’t that racist that white/asian people cant say it ?

Coming from an asian background... don’t want to cause any offence just wondering

Maybe its because they are trying to evolve the original meaning of the word. If someone tells you not to use a word that was used to oppress them, why would your first reaction be, well you guys use it amongst yourself , why can't I? Maybe because other races (esp white) use it (majority) in a demeaning fashion?
Original post by OCR_B
Bloody hell. You’re a real piece of work, aren’t you?

explain

Original post by Appazap
So then whats your argument? I said white people shouldn't say the n word and are u agreeing or disagreeing with that?

No. You said people shouldn't involve themselves in the discussion if they're not black, that's what I'm arguing, that I have every right because it is I as a white person particularly a man who you don't want to say it :nothing:. I also said arguing over the word is petty because you guys have more important things to worry about. I also said..good night :lol:
Original post by euphrosyne
I can't take this anon business seriously. What are we going to do, virtually run around on the Internet and name and shame them? It wouldn't get anywhere. Nobody cares!

Embrace who you are and all your problems! :whip2:

@It's****ingWOODY

wait. so does the boycott mean...not responding to any anons? Or not even posting in anon threads, even in response to a non-anon in the thread? lol
Maybe its because they are trying to evolve the original meaning of the word. If someone tells you not to use a word that was used to oppress them, why would your first reaction be, well you guys use it amongst yourself , why can't I? Maybe because other races (esp white) use it (majority) in a demeaning fashion?

Look, I don’t believe that most white and Asian people are racist.
I don’t think that anybody should use the N word, but if you’re in a group of friends that does use it, I don’t think it’s okay for all the black people in a group to be able to say it, and then to victimise a white/Asian person for using it in a comedic manner when they’re just trying to fit in. MLK wanted a world where people are judged by the content of their character, and not the colour of their skin; if you apply double-standards by thinking differently when other races use the word, you’re not living the way we all want to live.
Nobody should use the word. Let it become an artefact of the past. Or, alternatively, let anybody use it, and don’t judge different people for using it because of stereotypes/the colour of their skin. It’s not fair to just say “oh, only black people can use it”, because that’s not going to give us the world of racial equality that we strive for.
@It's****ingWOODY

wait. so does the boycott mean...not responding to any anons? Or not even posting in anon threads, even in response to a non-anon in the thread? lol

I think responding to non-anons in anon thread is acceptable, in fact it further adds to the boycott because the anons will get frustrated at being ignored and their threads hi-jacked :top:
I think responding to non-anons in anon thread is acceptable, in fact it further adds to the boycott because the anons will get frustrated at being ignored and their threads hi-jacked :top:

@Bang Outta Order

I'm with Woody on this one. If we ignore them, they'll just dissolve away.

Original post by euphrosyne
@Bang Outta Order

I'm with Woody on this one. If we ignore them, they'll just dissolve away.

how do I add Anonymous to the block list...Im gonna try it swear down, never thought to before
how do I add Anonymous to the block list...Im gonna try it swear down, never thought to before

Hmmm... perhaps adding all the main anons, like Anonymous #1, Anonymous #2 and so on, might just work? An option to ignore anonymous posts really should be implemented tbh.
Maybe, being your boyfriend, he just thought you two are close enough that it's okay. Tell him it actually isn't, and he probably won't do it again.
tell him you found it offensive. if he apologises then you can move on, if he laughs it off or argues back and tells you you're overreacting then you know probably not to get involved with him.
He just apologised and said ‘you know am not racist’

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending