The Student Room Group

Can't get girls in clubs but can in bars/pubs?

I go to a student bar watching karaoke and i notice a few girls like checking me out for a prolonged period... like 3 of them. They were with friends sitting down so i didn't do anything. I didn't look at them first or anything so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a bad reason to look at me. But like whenever i go clubbing, god damn girls just are not interested, il try and make eye contact and they generally look away.
Confused as hell. I'm honestly not much into clubbing so it's not like a big blow, mind you the people i go out with generally don't go to pubs/bars, just clubbing but yeah.
Reply 1
Original post by James385
I go to a student bar watching karaoke and i notice a few girls like checking me out for a prolonged period... like 3 of them. They were with friends sitting down so i didn't do anything. I didn't look at them first or anything so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a bad reason to look at me. But like whenever i go clubbing, god damn girls just are not interested, il try and make eye contact and they generally look away.
Confused as hell. I'm honestly not much into clubbing so it's not like a big blow, mind you the people i go out with generally don't go to pubs/bars, just clubbing but yeah.

It depends on the environment and how far you stick out. In clubs the guys are usually well dressed and attractive, so you will find more competition.

But in pubs it's mostly just a bunch of balding Viking look a likes with beer bellies.
Reply 2
Original post by Monclér
It depends on the environment and how far you stick out. In clubs the guys are usually well dressed and attractive, so you will find more competition.

But in pubs it's mostly just a bunch of balding Viking look a likes with beer bellies.

Well this was a student bar (I mean you literally can only get in with a uni student card), so only people my age. Mind you i think most guys there weren't exactly the elite so... that might explain it. The club of course is crowded etc so yeah more competition.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm a girl and I'm not very good at the social side of things so whenever I go out I avoid making eye contact with anybody outside of my social circle, but that's just because i'm kinda awkward and I tend go out to spend time with friends not to hook up with someone. But there are some girls that become flustered when they make eye contact with the person they've spent all night checking out which could cause them to break their gaze.Personally, I find that when other people walk over and initiate some form of interaction I pay more of an interest in that person in comparison to someone who happened to glance at me a couple of times from across the bar. If the girl isn't interested or she's already in a commitment I'm sure she'd find a way of communicating it in a not so subtly way.
Reply 4
How does making eye contact with a few girls count as ‘getting girls’? :rofl:
Reply 5
Original post by cat_mac

I shouldn't say getting girls, i mean like getting their interest, i don't want to be the guy going around approaching every girl in the club until one reciprocates interest.
In bars i don't get them unless i go up to them etc of course, but i get vibes of girls being atleast somewhat interested.
(edited 6 years ago)
Clubs are for dancing, bars are for browsing.

*sometimes*
Reply 7
Original post by student0sleep
I'm a girl and I'm not very good at the social side of things so whenever I go out I avoid making eye contact with anybody outside of my social circle, but that's just because i'm kinda awkward and I tend go out to spend time with friends not to hook up with someone. But there are some girls that become flustered when they make eye contact with the person they've spent all night checking out which could cause them to break their gaze.Personally, I find that when other people walk over and initiate some form of interaction I pay more of an interest in that person in comparison to someone who happened to glance at me a couple of times from across the bar. If the girl isn't interested or she's already in a commitment I'm sure she'd find a way of communicating it in a not so subtly way.

I totally get that, but this is often every girl at clubs. I will glance at them, they will look at me, then look away. I'm a 7/10 at best so I'm not going to make any girl flustered but i do sometimes out of nowhere have the odd girl show interest on the train or at student bars etc.
Original post by cat_mac

In his mind he must have thought he hypnotised them into thinking he's good looking :biggrin:
Reply 9

supply and demand.

The club is bigger, more packed, more males, more competition

more choice = more pickiness

A bar typically has less people so you get noticed more. Also generally womens shields are higher in clubs than bars/pubs as males are more aggressive in wanting to pull.

go to a small nightclub is my recomendation
I totally get that, but this is often every girl at clubs. I will glance at them, they will look at me, then look away. I'm a 7/10 at best so I'm not going to make any girl flustered but i do sometimes out of nowhere have the odd girl show interest on the train or at student bars etc.

Hmmm. I guess if you prefer a bar or pub to clubbing it could be a possibility that there are different signs in your body language indicating your comfortability in certain environments. Maybe they find you more attractive in an environment that is less intense with fewer distractions. Other than that I honestly have no idea. Even as a female I still don't fully understand the way we work :rofl2:
Reply 11
Original post by ANM775
supply and demand.

The club is bigger, more packed, more males, more competition

more choice = more pickiness

A bar typically has less people so you get noticed more. Also generally womens shields are higher in clubs than bars/pubs as males are more aggressive in wanting to pull.

go to a small nightclub is my recomendation

Yeah i went to a small club and i had a lot more luck. I mean I feel like girls just wait until good enough guys come up to them in large clubs. I'm not really looking to pull tbh, actually more looking to date someone, of course clubbing isn't the best place but i'm limited given my current uni friends group.
Reply 12
Yeah i went to a small club and i had a lot more luck. I mean I feel like girls just wait until good enough guys come up to them in large clubs. I'm not really looking to pull tbh, actually more looking to date someone, of course clubbing isn't the best place but i'm limited given my current uni friends group.

I get more attention too in smaller clubs rather than larger clubs

there are times I also might get unsolicited attention in the street too [it tends to be fri/sat night when it happens] After a while I noticed that I only seem to get girls catcalling and stuff when there are very few other people around. I'm talking like 5 or less people in their field of view.

A person simply stands out a lot more when there are fewer people around.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending