The Student Room Group

I wanna impress this girl...

So there's this girl in my college who i want to impress because i think she's beautiful and i want her to notice me.

I wanna start hitting the gym more which i do because i wanna be ore healthy , but it's the diet side of being healthy that gets in my way because i'm not so sure what i can eat at lunch or dinner to maintain being healthy.

With regards to the gym what can i do to gain more muscle and get taller , i'm only 5ft 3 and i'm 17 so i think i still got some time left to grow , it's pretty **** because my school gym has literally nothing in it , just free weights 1 bench machine and some rowing machines and that's it so i'm kind of limited on choices to help bulk up.

any help appreciated , thanks :smile:
This is sooo pedantic, just quit this nonsense and do some revision.
Reply 2
Original post by adamantacademic
This is sooo pedantic, just quit this nonsense and do some revision.

i do revision aswell and i'm on top of everything , if you're not gonna help then i appreciate it if you leave
Reply 3
Go to the gym for yourself and not to impress some girl that you don't even know yet. Instead of trying to impress her you should actually go and talk to her. if your too shy to talk to her in person then add her snapchat and send a message on one of her stories.
Reply 4
Original post by Keslo
Go to the gym for yourself and not to impress some girl that you don't even know yet. Instead of trying to impress her you should actually go and talk to her. if your too shy to talk to her in person then add her snapchat and send a message on one of her stories.

actually i do know her , and i would talk to her but i need more confidence which i'm hoping to gain if i go to the gym more
Reply 5
can someone serious help me out here plz
There's nothing interesting or attractive about a little dude that spends time in the gym because he thinks it will impress the girls. That's boring and desperate.

If you want to impress her with your physique, it shouldn't be an end unto itself - there should be a point to it. Like say for example you got really into rock climbing or skateboarding and did loads of gym nonsense in pursuance of that, then you have something to talk about and a "healthy" lifestyle to go with it.

If you're just going to do loads of reps and walk around like some kind of shredded hobbit, that's a loser move.
Unless you meet a wizard you can’t make yourself taller
You don't need the gym to approach a girl, you need to just go for it. Practise it over in your head if you need to or if you really can't do it in person, just slide into them dms. If you do want to bulk up still, then eat protein like fish, meat etc and have some protein shakes. No point doing weights if you arent eating right. Good luck.
Reply 9
Original post by Trinculo
There's nothing interesting or attractive about a little dude that spends time in the gym because he thinks it will impress the girls. That's boring and desperate.

If you want to impress her with your physique, it shouldn't be an end unto itself - there should be a point to it. Like say for example you got really into rock climbing or skateboarding and did loads of gym nonsense in pursuance of that, then you have something to talk about and a "healthy" lifestyle to go with it.

If you're just going to do loads of reps and walk around like some kind of shredded hobbit, that's a loser move.

that's a good point , all the girls in my college are really shallow though like i'm not even joking they only care about the fit gym boys and no other guys , everything else to them is just a bonus
Original post by LG as you were x
Unless you meet a wizard you can’t make yourself taller

don't guys stop growing at early 20's though

Original post by LolIGotAU
You don't need the gym to approach a girl, you need to just go for it. Practise it over in your head if you need to or if you really can't do it in person, just slide into them dms. If you do want to bulk up still, then eat protein like fish, meat etc and have some protein shakes. No point doing weights if you arent eating right. Good luck.

oh ok , thank you :smile:
Not saying you’re done growing, I’m saying there’s nothing you can do to accelerate or increase the process
Well not to be glass half empty but ur 17 and I dont think ur gonna grow a lot.

But, there are diets you can google if u wanna eat healthy
Original post by LG as you were x
Not saying you’re done growing, I’m saying there’s nothing you can do to accelerate or increase the process

Original post by hsalika
Well not to be glass half empty but ur 17 and I dont think ur gonna grow a lot.

But, there are diets you can google if u wanna eat healthy

oh ok , thanks guys :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
that's a good point , all the girls in my college are really shallow though like i'm not even joking they only care about the fit gym boys and no other guys , everything else to them is just a bonus

Then why would you want to try and compete on the same terms? Surely you want to be able to differentiate yourself in some way. You want to have a good bod *and* do something interesting?
You should go to the gym because you want to be healthier, it doesn't impress girls. I would try and be more active on her socials if you aren't by maybe liking her recents or commenting something nice. Approach her more and tbh just be yourself. Also, don't worry too much cus at the end of the day the girl should like you for you and if she doesn't you can't make her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending