The Student Room Group

Feeling like I can’t trust anyone...

Still scared to trust any guys after bad past experiences with two different guys. I’ve been single for 2.5 years after an abusive relationship and was just feeling confident enough to stick my hand out and try asking a guy I liked out. And he sucked me in with his promises about a date... and then went cold turkey and freaked out, blaming anything and everything, including messaging while not sober. Idiot.
My point is, after these sorts of experiences I don’t feel confident enough to talk to anyone I like for fear of getting burned again. I’m ready to date but I don’t want to get played again...
You got burned?
sorry to hear that

Run the burned area under a cold tap and apply toothpaste
I know just the guy. He is the ideal man - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=2993688
Need help getting new gf on TSR, can anyone help xxx
Reply 4
You can trust me, im beta af
That’s normal, you’re traumatised from your past experiences but you need to convince yourself that unless you give another person a chance you will never allow yourself to endure a new relationship. Perhaps you might still be hurt and unprepared and when the right opportunity at the right time arises you will be emotionally capable to handle it. You need to analyse the type of guys you engage with thoroughly and know when to pull the plug when required
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jsk800
Need help getting new gf on TSR, can anyone help xxx

I see what you did there hahaha sneaky b***ard xD
Original post by james ionicbond
You got burned?
sorry to hear that

Run the burned area under a cold tap and apply toothpaste

LOL
Original post by jsk800
I know just the guy. He is the ideal man - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=2993688

:biggrin::biggrin: i cannot
hes gonna be chuffed after his last night luck
you dont need 100 men, you only need one that will treat you right and im sure theres one for you OP x
Reply 10
thats very sad that that happened to you but with over 3 billion men in the entire world and 31 million men in the UK alone, TWO a-holes do not represent the majority of men (thankfully) so have faith still, there are some really amazing guys out there. firstly work on yourself, don't ever lose confidence in yourself. don't let you ex break you and make you feel as if you don't matter. thats a common trait in women who have been abused, they live to believe what their abusive partner told them. even after escaping they still believe that they've weren't enough. well don't let him win, it was all part of his control over you. what he said to you was all lies, you DO matter and you are worthy enough of having the best guy in the world.

But don't chase after a guy, go for someone who makes the effort to get you. the reason the 2nd guy strung you along was because he just wasn't into you - its sad but it happens to everyone. date a man who is interested in you. and remind yourself that theres plenty more fish in the sea, for every guy who doesn't want you there will be literally thousands who do.
Original post by Allie4
thats very sad that that happened to you but with over 3 billion men in the entire world and 31 million men in the UK alone, TWO a-holes do not represent the majority of men (thankfully) so have faith still, there are some really amazing guys out there. firstly work on yourself, don't ever lose confidence in yourself. don't let you ex break you and make you feel as if you don't matter. thats a common trait in women who have been abused, they live to believe what their abusive partner told them. even after escaping they still believe that they've weren't enough. well don't let him win, it was all part of his control over you. what he said to you was all lies, you DO matter and you are worthy enough of having the best guy in the world.

But don't chase after a guy, go for someone who makes the effort to get you. the reason the 2nd guy strung you along was because he just wasn't into you - its sad but it happens to everyone. date a man who is interested in you. and remind yourself that theres plenty more fish in the sea, for every guy who doesn't want you there will be literally thousands who do.

Waiiitttt I was told, as a guy, I shouldn't chase women because when they want me, they'll come to me. With these two logics, I will be forever alone?
Reply 12
Original post by jsk800
Waiiitttt I was told, as a guy, I shouldn't chase women because when they want me, they'll come to me. With these two logics, I will be forever alone?

ok fine, chase each other :yes:
Original post by Allie4
ok fine, chase each other :yes:

How do I talk to a Wamen
Reply 14
Original post by jsk800
How do I talk to a Wamen

open your mouth and let the words flow :ike:
Original post by jsk800
How do I talk to a Wamen

Say hi xD we don’t bite. Chances are, you’ll get a friendly response, or if you’re lucky, they’ll reciprocate :wink:
Ngl, I've been bitten by a girl before

Original post by getmeoffmyphone
Say hi xD we don’t bite. Chances are, you’ll get a friendly response, or if you’re lucky, they’ll reciprocate :wink:

Original post by Allie4
open your mouth and let the words flow :ike:
:O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending