The Student Room Group

High heart rate

My resting heart rate is 96 bpm,
I'm a 17 year old female who hates sports but I do a lot of musical theatre and dance so I wouldn't say I'm unfit.

I've recently been "diagnosed" with anxiety but I've had a high bpm for years, I'm worried that it's not normal and that i should be concerned.
Should I go see my gp?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 17 year old female who hates sports but I do a lot of musical theatre and dance so I wouldn't say I'm unfit.

I've recently been "diagnosed" with anxiety but I've had a high bpm for years, I'm worried that it's not normal and that i should be concerned.
Should I go see my gp?

It sounds like you're already worried about it, so it's definitely worth a trip to your GP :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Should I go see my gp?

Worth a check in with your GP. It is a bit high, but a lot of simple things can affect that so don't worry about it. Also mention if you've noticed anything like getting tired often or anything else you think might not be quite normal.

Quick Reply

Latest