The Student Room Group

How much have you completed for your EPQ so far?

Scroll to see replies

Glad I found this thread :yes: Got about 1300 words atm so I guess that's around 700 words per day. Also got my presentation to do in March and have been told nothing about what to include in it.
Reply 21
Original post by Chronoscope
Glad I found this thread :yes: Got about 1300 words atm so I guess that's around 700 words per day. Also got my presentation to do in March and have been told nothing about what to include in it.

You have 5 days left?
Original post by Traore
You have 5 days left?

7 ish days roughly, possibly a bit longer. Got a 1:1 I think after half term. I guess I'll take my break at Easter :sigh:
Reply 23
Original post by Chronoscope
7 ish days roughly, possibly a bit longer. Got a 1:1 I think after half term. I guess I'll take my break at Easter :sigh:

Ahhh my half term is already over..we haven't been given any deadlines!
I handed it in today and got my marks off my teacher!
Reply 25
Original post by JennLousie
I handed it in today and got my marks off my teacher!

Wow, how did you do?
Original post by Traore
Wow, how did you do?

49/50 potentially 50/50 although I think she said 49 may be safer as anything marked 50/50 is going to be picked apart by the moderators
Reply 27
49/50 potentially 50/50 although I think she said 49 may be safer as anything marked 50/50 is going to be picked apart by the moderators

Well done :-)

I really want an A* or even 50/50.. but you've raised a good point.
Original post by Traore
Well done :-)

I really want an A* or even 50/50.. but you've raised a good point.

Especially as 49 is still an A* so you haven't gained anything really
What did you do to ensure an A*?
Do u reckon a paragraph for each question on the log is enough.
Reply 30
Especially as 49 is still an A* so you haven't gained anything really

I have no idea how to fill out the production log? We haven't started yet but we've been told to start.. like what do I put for 'record of initial ideas'? How much do I need to do?
Original post by Traore
I have no idea how to fill out the production log? We haven't started yet but we've been told to start.. like what do I put for 'record of initial ideas'? How much do I need to do?

I'd just write about what you're initially planning to look at and maybe the type of sources you're going to use. For example, I did mine on vaccinations so maybe something (with more detail and written in paragraphs) like:
Public health related
Controversial topic? Current issue in society - measles in Europe so maybe vaccinations
Social perspective rather than scientific
Look at journals as well as news articles for current issues surrounding public health
I'd just write about what you're initially planning to look at and maybe the type of sources you're going to use. For example, I did mine on vaccinations so maybe something (with more detail and written in paragraphs) like:
Public health related
Controversial topic? Current issue in society - measles in Europe so maybe vaccinations
Social perspective rather than scientific
Look at journals as well as news articles for current issues surrounding public health

If you have two people attending your presentation, will this mean you will get less marks than someone with 5?
Original post by HelpQuickQues
If you have two people attending your presentation, will this mean you will get less marks than someone with 5?

Honestly I have no idea! I can't see that it would damage you as most of the marks come from your reflection and your presentation itself. Providing you answer the questions that you given well (no matter how many there are) you should still get the same marks as someone with 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending