The Student Room Group

How to raise grades significantly before exams??

Hello, I'm currently in my final year of A Levels and I'm studying Sociology, Psychology, and English combined.

I was wondering if any current or past a level students have managed to raise their grades by a great deal in order to match their predicted grades?

I'm predicted ABB but fear I'm only capable of around BBC, having only achieved ABC and BBC in the past two sets of mock assessments. Is achieving ABB or even higher a possibility? If anyone has managed to do this in such a short space of time before the real exams, teach me your ways!! I honestly do not know what I'll do with myself should I not achieve what I want/need.

Also, any psychology tips would be useful seeing as that is my weakest area!!

Thank you!
Original post by oliviagilbert
Hello, I'm currently in my final year of A Levels and I'm studying Sociology, Psychology, and English combined.

I was wondering if any current or past a level students have managed to raise their grades by a great deal in order to match their predicted grades?

I'm predicted ABB but fear I'm only capable of around BBC, having only achieved ABC and BBC in the past two sets of mock assessments. Is achieving ABB or even higher a possibility? If anyone has managed to do this in such a short space of time before the real exams, teach me your ways!! I honestly do not know what I'll do with myself should I not achieve what I want/need.

Also, any psychology tips would be useful seeing as that is my weakest area!!

Thank you!

Yes its possible. Stop wasting time worrying about grades and focus on the best effort and revision you can. It is possible if your revision is effective and you are smart.

Master core material then practice exams like mad, look at mark schemes and plug the holes where you lose marks. get revision books if needed and watch videos. Leave the exam knowing you worked hard and tried your best.

Quick Reply

Latest