The Student Room Group

clearing

hi!

first of all, i'd like to congratulate everyone on their results and university places!

so i got into my firm university (despite getting significantly lower grades than originally required), however i knew once i finished all my exams i was gonna release myself into clearing as i wanted to both change universities and courses.

i picked up my a-level results this morning and soon after was on the phone to the university speaking about clearing. they said that they'll take 24 hours to process my application.

so here are my 2 questions:
the grade requirements for the new university are identical to my original firm. however, i did get lower grades, as mentioned before, but i did get into my firm despite this. does this mean that i'm potentially able to also get in via clearing to the new university?

secondly, i have yet to decline my offer through ucas as i wanted to wait until they have processed my application and made their decision. should i release myself into clearing and decline my offer now or am i able to wait until they make their decision?

thank you!
and congrats to everyone again :smile:
I don't think the fact that your firm let you on with the lower grades indicates the other university also will. They might have fewer spots for example, or have a "cut-off" somewhere that is not immediately clear. Don't decline your offer if you are waiting for the clearing university to make a decision, because they may well say no. (I think you should be prepared for the possibility they do, since you say "significantly lower")
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
I don't think the fact that your firm let you on with the lower grades indicates the other university also will. They might have fewer spots for example, or have a "cut-off" somewhere that is not immediately clear. Don't decline your offer if you are waiting for the clearing university to make a decision, because they may well say no. (I think you should be prepared for the possibility they do, since you say "significantly lower")

thanks!

i hope for the best outcome but i'm gonna remain realistic.
How different are the two courses?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 1582
How different are the two courses?

not very, i originally applied for criminology on its own, but i'm hoping to do law with criminology this time around.

actually just as i was about to finish writing this i received an offer for the course !!
Original post by nebulaee
actually just as i was about to finish writing this i received an offer for the course !!

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the course. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending