The Student Room Group

*DO NOT READ* The most boring GYG in the history of GYGs.

Scroll to see replies

you poor child :hugs:
erm... what's your name? As in like a real name or your nickname? You could always set that as your username :tongue: or just a random name you like, a favourite character or idk... your fav pop group? i literally picked mine coz i liked cats and didn't want to put nyanko and nyxnko_ just felt cooler :tongue: :groovy:
Original post by nyxnko_
you poor child :hugs:
erm... what's your name? As in like a real name or your nickname? You could always set that as your username :tongue: or just a random name you like, a favourite character or idk... your fav pop group? i literally picked mine coz i liked cats and didn't want to put nyanko and nyxnko_ just felt cooler :tongue: :groovy:

Thanks! I'll have to have a long think..! :smile:
Okay, so it took quicker than expected, but I have a new user, and I won't be able to change it for a year! yikes

I'm hoping I'll grow to like it more soon, but my old user (@aspiring-student) is a user I've had since the beginning; my corny year 9 days, gone, but never forgotten. I'm still just as aspiring though! (I hope :unsure:)
Original post by indie.sxnds
Thanks! I'll have to have a long think..! :smile:

your new username is very cute :love:
Original post by nyxnko_
your new username is very cute :love:

thank you :heart:

Day 14 - afternoon

Afternoooon! I go back to school in a week today *sigh*, I'm going to miss you homeschool :cry2:, also my interview is tomorrow morning agh! I still need to buy a reasonably smart outfit, like a blouse and trousers or something because I can't find mine anyWHERE.

There really isn't much to update on today, apart from the fact that I think I flopped my maths remock, and have no idea if I even remotely answered the english language paper 2 questions correctly, but at this point I literally don't care, I've devoted more time to actual prep/revision than cramming for exams that don't count towards anything anymore, apart from practice.

I'll try to update later if I get any more work done, so far just RS, English and Science today.

Day 14 - afternoon

Afternoooon! I go back to school in a week today *sigh*, I'm going to miss you homeschool :cry2:, also my interview is tomorrow morning agh! I still need to buy a reasonably smart outfit, like a blouse and trousers or something because I can't find mine anyWHERE.

There really isn't much to update on today, apart from the fact that I think I flopped my maths remock, and have no idea if I even remotely answered the english language paper 2 questions correctly, but at this point I literally don't care, I've devoted more time to actual prep/revision than cramming for exams that don't count towards anything anymore, apart from practice.

I'll try to update later if I get any more work done, so far just RS, English and Science today.

The new username sounds better than your old one(old one wasn't that bad) but what is the meaning behind it? Or is just a random name you thought of?
Original post by Ihatelife2
The new username sounds better than your old one(old one wasn't that bad) but what is the meaning behind it? Or is just a random name you thought of?

Thanks, I know what you mean haha I’ve had the old one since I joined a few years ago, but the “indie” is basically because independent/indie music is my favourite music (hence the strokes as my avatar) and I couldn’t pick a favourite band. The “sxnds” part is just derived from my nickname :smile:
Day 15 - morning:

So it’s interview day! (This literally sounds like i’m trying to go to Cambridge, why am I like this.) This post is going to be short and sweet because 1. My eyes haven’t fully adjusted and 2. I need to get ready soon :smile: To be honest I haven’t immensely prepped for what I think they’re going to ask me, mainly because (I’m lazy) I don’t want to sound rehearsed. I’ve thought about what they might say, and loosely formed responses in my head. I’ll let everyone know how it goes :smile:
Day 15 - morning:

So it’s interview day! (This literally sounds like i’m trying to go to Cambridge, why am I like this.) This post is going to be short and sweet because 1. My eyes haven’t fully adjusted and 2. I need to get ready soon :smile: To be honest I haven’t immensely prepped for what I think they’re going to ask me, mainly because (I’m lazy) I don’t want to sound rehearsed. I’ve thought about what they might say, and loosely formed responses in my head. I’ll let everyone know how it goes :smile:

you can do this!! :dumbells:
Original post by nyxnko_
you can do this!! :dumbells:

yes!!
Romeo and Juliet? I've done that before. Do you still need help?
Haha, some days are better than others though i guess:smile:, and thank you! I'm studying Romeo and Juliet, Jekyll and Hyde, Blood Brothers, and for anthology my cluster is Love and Relationships! I miss windsurfing lol but it capsizing in the winter was the worst!
Day 15 - morning:

Hope it goes well! :smile:
Day 15 - morning:

Good luck! Tell us how it went when you come back.
Original post by twentyoneke
Romeo and Juliet? I've done that before. Do you still need help?

Yes please! I'm not so good at applying terms like soliloquy/catharsis & other conventions of tragedy into my essays :frown:
Original post by Labrador99
Hope it goes well! :smile:

Thanks!

Day 15 - afternoon:

So, I'm back from my interview! I honestly have no idea on how well it went, I'm actually scared I sounded too rehearsed although I barely prepped anything! I kept stuttering and repeating words and I don't know if I sounded too formal. Honestly I'm hoping it was enough to get accepted, I met a really nice group of girls who I also worked with for the group task, which was definitely more fun and laid back than the whole interview process.

If I could change anything about the interview, I wish I spoke more casually, and talked more about my extracurricular activity. Nervous. Really nervous. There were so many other aspirational students there, and I don't know if I was enough. Maybe I'm overthinking, but I dont find out till next month if I've got an offer of a place :frown:

Day 15 - afternoon:

So, I'm back from my interview! I honestly have no idea on how well it went, I'm actually scared I sounded too rehearsed although I barely prepped anything! I kept stuttering and repeating words and I don't know if I sounded too formal. Honestly I'm hoping it was enough to get accepted, I met a really nice group of girls who I also worked with for the group task, which was definitely more fun and laid back than the whole interview process.

If I could change anything about the interview, I wish I spoke more casually, and talked more about my extracurricular activity. Nervous. Really nervous. There were so many other aspirational students there, and I don't know if I was enough. Maybe I'm overthinking, but I dont find out till next month if I've got an offer of a place :frown:

For all you know the interviewers may have been impressed by your answers to their questions. If you sounded prepared it could show that you are an organised person and that you really want to go to their sixth form. Good luck.
Original post by Ihatelife2
For all you know the interviewers may have been impressed by your answers to their questions. If you sounded prepared it could show that you are an organised person and that you really want to go to their sixth form. Good luck.

That's actually a good point, thank you :smile:

Day 15 - evening:

Not much to update here, I actually spent the day doing v little revision, also I kinda wanted to take my mind off working for a few hours, ya feel? So I met up with a friend in town and we just hung around oxford street etc, mostly eating lmao. It was good to just forget about revision lol it felt like my year 9/10 days were back buuuut now I'm ready to spend the rest of the evening studying (yikes)

I say yikes a lot, yikes. Sorry if it triggers you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending